Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you done a rental property vacation?

Since many of us are travelling close to home, let's share tips on how to find a great property or what tips you can recommend for others.

AARPTeri
Contributor

We recently did Airbnb in AZ, and it was lovely but surprise fees spoiled it. It was set for 67.00 a night but ended up 223.00 for two nights, with added cleaning fees, etc. So do your homework, it was our first time using Airbnb so we learned how now.  Happy travels?

0 Kudos

We are the owner of a rental condo in Branson, MO. Yes, there are fees for renting through any vacation site online.  But, if you want more than a hotel room, it's not a bad way to go to get a larger unit with all the home annuities.  If you should find a place to like to visit again, you might make friends with the owner, to see if they will let you contact them directly. Yes, there will be a cleaning fee and any fees the owner wants for accepting pets for instance which we don't. We had many happy guests. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

We have rented houses for several months at a time.  First, I do check out the neighborhood.  

Price is certainly a factor.  When we are searching, we try to stay within our budget.  I find you can find airbnb is usually less expensive than VRBO.  You have to watch for all the add on costs after you find what you think is a good price. Sometimes taxes, cleaning and other add on's can change your mind real quick.  One thing I suggest is if you have a pet, find that in the lists of things you can or can not do first.  Having a pet will knock off maybe maybe 75% or more of the available properties or raise the price considerably.  We have traveled to Florida, Alabama and New Mexico and stayed for 2-3 months and have not had problems. 

0 Kudos