From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Budget Truck Rental -- They can cancel on you with no notice!

Message 1 of 2

Maybe if it was just an employee not doing his job by keeping his promise, then that employee should be the one to be fired.  What they did was wrong.  I always believe in the truth.  Really the one that mesed you up is someone handling the reservations and the invitory of the trucks should have been held accountable.  If I was the CEO of Budget, anyone who steppe out of line liek that should have been fired.  

Seniors are just antique people rich with history.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Budget Truck Rental -- They can cancel on you with no notice!

Message 2 of 2

Made a reservation 4 months in advance for a truck to move my son home from college.  Budget called me 20 hours before pickup to say they won't have the truck because they are out of trucks.  They gave me phone number to call of local inventory manager, that bounced to national.  They took my info and said local manager would call within 2 hours with options.  In the meantime, i made a reservation with UHAUL and successfully got my truck.

On the call with Budget, i said what if you don't call me back in 2 hours what do i do?  He said of course they will call me back, that's their job to do so.  They never called back.

Bottomline: Beware of Budget.

Bruce D
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark