Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: British Airways AARP Discount, buyer beware!

Message 1 of 3

I agree completely... I prefer an assigned airplane seat and am willing to pay a little extra for it.  I should take advantage more of the savings that AARP offers - I will look for more in the future.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: British Airways AARP Discount, buyer beware!

Message 2 of 3

That's interesting.

A lot of airlines now have a low price that does not include "reserved" or assigned seats. Instead, you line up, get on the aircraft and find an empty seat(!). This is how Southwest Airlines has operated for years and it's beloved by business travelers.

Personally, I want a reserved seat. So I will pay extra for that. I'll even pay extra for "upgraded economy" fares with seats with extra legroom.

For traveling I shop around a lot, and I don't typically even think of looking for any AARP discount (maybe for a hotel) ... 'cause I don't think that any AARP discount will be better than any deals I might find elsewhere on my own. So I don't even spend any time looking for/at AARP discounts.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

British Airways AARP Discount, buyer beware!

Message 3 of 3

AARP advertizes a discount with British Airways.  I go to book the flight to find out seats are not included in the purchase.  So guess what?  I have to pay for those seats.  The discount is $60 but to reserve the seats, that's the price.  So the net is, there is no deal.  Just bate and switch. FYI

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark