Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Any Full Time RV'rs here

Message 1 of 17

Yep, I get it.... when I saw these forums I was excited to participate. As a military retiree jumped all over ther Veterans forum as well posting and commenting and began to notice that I was apparently the only one there. Don't think there has been a post on it since I last visited in April. 

Unless you are on the Politics forum there seems to be not much interest in any of these others..

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 17

HERE'S A TIP

Good Luck

Apparently Everyone Who Participates On These AARP Travel Forums Are in the 1%

AARP is heavily involved in Travel - YET they do not have a Single Forum or even Threads started by Moderators about RV Travel

Millions of us who are Retired can only afford to Travel by RV

I Don't Get it

I don't even know where to Post this - I had to look through every Travel listing to find anything about RV Travel

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 17

My husband and I have been full time for nearly two years. We have a 27' Lance travel trailer. We workkamp in the summer and winter and travel in between. So far we have had positions in New Mexico, Alaska, and the southern California desert. We are headed to Yellowstone for the summer. We enjoy the longer stays so we can explore an area of our choosing in depth, and we love the travel time in between gigs. We sold our home and most of our belongings and couldn't be happier! I am 60 and he is 65.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 17

Hello retiredtraveler,

Thanks for sharing that website.I have never heard of it before.

We are retired too and bought a 24 ft. Class C GulfStream Conques a year ago July and love it.We had a major power outage a few days ago so we just moved into our rig, turned the generator on and enjoyed the night with heat, TV and a few glasses of wine! We never knew it would come in that handy!!

BUT we only travel in the summer when we rent our house out on Airbnb. It pays for our short and long adventures. We live in the mountains outside Boulder, Co.

Look forward to more of your posts here,

Liz

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 17

Hello there. I recently became a full time RVer. I had solar put in and try to stay in campgrounds. I joined RVing Women ages ago before I bought an RV and recently joined Escapees who I will be meeting up with for a rally soon. How ready you liking full timing?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 17

Have you stayed at the Rainbow's End Park in Livingston, TX?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 17

Rent an RV for a weekend and she may change her mind about the camping thing. I kind of was like that till my husband bought a fifth wheel. We saw so many beautiful sights across this country that I know I wouldn't have seen otherwise. You are able to park overnight at some Crackebarrel Restaurants then have breakfast in the morning. (so nice) 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 17

Wish I was, but I do have a 2016 ,35 ft travel trailer for sale. It was barely used twice. Lots of extras!

Great price, and sway bars too!

Anyone interested , email me and I will send you the full list of everything it has.

I'm only asking $21,000, in excellent condition 

bunk room

outside kitchen

satellite radio/tv

3 tv's

2 ac units

gas/elec refrigerator

that's just a few of the great things in this home on the road rv....

Wanted to travel and live in while traveling, now widowed, need I say anything else?

Thanks everyone, let me know if interested

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 17

Doing the same. Living in our Ventana 3 years. Spend time north Tx headed north west soon 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 17

Yes we are👋

Kudos
Views