From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: American Airlines - Not Recommended!

Message 1 of 3

We understand it happens, but the way it was handled, the rude ticket agents and the fact that they paid a passenger $570 to sell his seat so another airline pilot could take the flight, but could only muster up $100 for us (after treating us so rudely and vindictively - issuing my wife another stand by ticket, when there were plenty of seats on that flight).   Their customer service is horrible!  Note - the way the agent tore up my wife’s ticket in front of us was just hateful!  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: American Airlines - Not Recommended!

Message 2 of 3
Sorry to read about your bad experience on American. American is my airline of choice. The only problems I have had was some delays. Just be aware that you could have these problems on other airlines too! Problems happen on ALL airlines, not just one.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

American Airlines - Not Recommended!

Message 3 of 3

If you are booking a flight anywhere with AARP Travel, be sure you don't book with American Airlines! Last year we booked our dream vacation to Alaska.  Cruise, train ride to Denali and Fairbanks.  We just completed the trip and it was as wonderful as it sounds!  Until our flight back!!!  There were four of us in the group and we booked our return trip from Fairbanks to Columbus, OH with AARP Travel.  AARP gave us the greatest rates and was easy to complete.  The first leg home was on Alaska Airlines, from Fairbanks to Seattle. (I forgot to mention, most flights out of Fairbanks are in the early morning... ours was at 1:20AM!)  When we got to Seattle, our connecting flight from Seattle to Dallas was delayed 30 minutes.  Concerned that we would miss our connection to Columbus, we asked the ticket agent if we make it to the gate or should we book a later flight.  Her famous words were.. "Oh, you should have no problem making the flight".   When our flight got to Dallas, we sat on the tarmac for 15 min. waiting for the gate to clear.  Needless to say, we missed our flight.  However, a nice ticket agent quickly secured two of our group on a 6PM flight.  She then worked hard and got my wife and I on the same flight. (She was very nice about this.)  As we prepared to board our 6PM flight, my wife scanned her ticket and the agent said.. Stand over here, you don't have a seat and tore up her ticket!!   Flabergasted, I asked why as he scanned my ticket and said I was ok.  I said we were together, he said - No she is on stand by!  I stood by my wife as he said, we will find her a seat.  As the passenger line disappeared, I asked if they had a seat for my wife and another agent said NO she will have to stay here.  I said now way, that we were together.  He said, so you aren't going?  and grabbed my ticket!  My wife said no he has to go because we are with another couple and their car is locked in our garage!  He gave me back my ticket and another worker grabbed my wife's carry on and tagged it to go into the luggage for the flight.  I kissed my wife good bye and walked on board looking back and seeing her in tears.  It was the worst flight of my life!  When we finally got to Columbus, I got a text from my wife that she was on the 8:30PM flight. (remember - we have been up since 6AM the day before!)    Back in Dallas, my wife was trying to secure a ticket and kept asking the ticket agent if he was working on it.  He said to her, stop being rude!  I am working to get this other customer a ticket.  (a person that took advantage of a ticket buyoff to allow a Spirit Airlines pilot a seat on my plane!  - they never tried to offer anything to get a seat for my wife!)  My (in frustration) told them she had to get to Columbus tonight because they just put all her medication on the plane with me (in her carryon)!  Their response was that it was her fault for not carrying it with her!  She told them, that they were the ones that grabbed her bag from my hands and tagged it.  When they did start to work on getting her a ticket, they were very rude.  Finally they said they put her on the 8:30PM flight, but it was stand by again (the flight was full).  In tears, my wife sat in the chairs next to the gate.   She received a text from my son, saying he was on line and that flight had plenty of seats!!  My wife went to another gate and talked to a ticket agent, who was very nice.  She told her that there were plenty of seats and that there should be no reason she was on stand by!  She changed her ticket and actually gave her a better seat.  My wife made that 8:30PM flight and we stayed at the airport to greet her a midnight when she arrived.  After an hour drive home, we finally made it home at 1:30 AM!!  We had been up about 43 hours!!   All because American Airlines bumped my wife after their flight was the cause of the delay!  (Oh, I forgot to mention that the passenger that sat next to me on the flight from Dallas to Columbus - in my wife's seat - was a young man probably around 25 years old.)  So much for American Airlines taking care of senior citizen passengers!   Moral of the story.... don't ever fly American Airlines!!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season