Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP Travel ‘Takes A Day’ on ‘Dr. Phil’

Message 81 of 137

Hi Dr Phil,

I was hesitant to ask for a vacation, as you read on you will understand why .I work in the medical field . I'm Director of Cardiopulmonary and Manager of Occupational Health. I've worked at the same hospital for 29 years . I've taken 3 vacations that I can think of. I help with Pheasant Heaven Charties in my community . We help people with catastrophic events, scholarships and handicapped. I also help with Peace House Ministries and dog Rescue . I enjoy my work and Charties so I've never think I have time to get away .. I record your shows so I can watch them on my day off.. one day I watched 13 shows .. so that was my day .. the fix of Dr Phil. I was in an abusive marriage 25 years .. I've been divorced for 12 years . I was blessed with  2 wonderful sons, daughter in law and 3 beautiful grandchildren. The 3 vacations I had taken were when I was married and they were miserable, my x husband is not a happy man and made sure that no one else was. So I never wanted to go on vacations. I do not have happy memories of the vacations we had. But maybe it's time to try one on my own or with my children .. so without making this longer than it already is I would like to go somewhere that can be a happy memory to look back on .. thank you for your time and I enjoy your show. 

Debi Peterson Heart

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 137

As a nurse turned retired surgery center adminstrator now a small business owner (not very profitable to say the least) I am pushing 70. I have had some great success in life, but that is easy from the outside looking in. My husband and I worked endless hours to give our 4 children everything we didn't have and now we seem to be doing the same for our aunts uncles and 4 grandchildren. From charity work and the love our family has for each other you would think we have traveled the world. From time to time we take trips for funerals or weddings but truth be told  our lives are beyond modest. My husband and I are the go to people from when I worked for MD's to extended family emergency situations. I have always been the first call when my mothers side of 6 siblings would be ill....not to mention my husbands side. Being a good person is something I do take pride in. I watched your show today realizing that money I spent outside our household budget (my husband is a retired broker) was to be sure my aunt who is turning 90 had every gift on her wish list. One would think after my husband suffered a "widow maker" we would begin to enjoy our lives more but we saw it as a chance to do more for others. Without sounding too selfish you know what even if this is a one in a million shot at least I can say I took the time to do it. I am doing for nobody aside my husband and I and yes I think we earned it. It is what it is and it will be most likely nothing but this time I did something I never thought I would. Best wishes to all who wrote in and if I could we would have the ability to "take a day". 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 137

Hello....

I'd love to win the take-a-day off !!!

i live in Wyoming where it has been cold, snowy and windy for the last 4 months! 

I am dreaming of a vacation somewhere warm where I can relax on the beach and soak up some much needed sunshine ☀️

Thank you , Mia Spilinek 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 137

I retired in 2007, I would love to take a trip to Dayton, Ohio to celebrate my daughter’s 50th birthday with her family at Thanksgiving; she was born Thanksgiving Eve; we always celebrated on Thanksgiving.

Regards,

Betty Todf

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 137

Please pick me. We are low income and this would be wonderful. Thank you, 

Denise Kish 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 137

Hi Dr. Phil; Im a 64 year old male I drive for a living 55 plus hours a week. At the end of the day,week I am to worn out to get any work done at home, a day off for the health of my relationship with my fiance, also mental health as well as physical  well being would be greatly appreciated.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 137

I am a single parent, however my son is out of college and on his own. I am now preparing for the retirement phase of my life. Mixed feelings about this as I have always worked 2 jobs to cover expenses. I seem to be working more than ever now so I have enough money set aside. And I’m nervous about taking any time off and spend money on a vacation day. It would be nice to take time off and not worry about what I might be missing if I was to work instead of a vacation day.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 137

I would like to take a few days off to spend time with my husband. After losing our only child at 19.our depression has had us not being able to celebrate each other. We would love to receive this gift . Because his job don't like giving Personal time off . It  will help Thanks in advance

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 137

I would love to have a day to do whatever I please. I lost my husband recently and need a reason to leave my bed and house most days.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 137

HELLO THERE....This little gift would be great for me..Im 70 years of age and yes. Four children and 11 grandchildren later....I still need a break..I’ve retired from my own daycare of 21 years...I still do a little respite work 40 hours a month...and have done a little private investigations during that time also.. always worked in some kind of human services... I was ALWAYS BUSY😊 Thanks for the opportunity to apply for this....

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet