Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP Travel ‘Takes A Day’ on ‘Dr. Phil’

Message 71 of 137

Good evening, I hope this offer to take a day is not only for the woman because I know my father needs and deserves a day for himself. My father has been a truck driver for over 30 years and as far as I could remember he's never taken days off and has never complained about having to work. He 's a great father and great-grandfather that does everything for everyone and doesn't expect anything in return. I wish he could win this day.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 137

I am 66 years old I have never had a chance to take a real vacation I worked three jobs always working stressed out what in the field of recovery and it was very draining and so my health was affected by that and  I will would really like the chance to have a nice vacation..   I watch Dr Phil of the time and it would be a pleasure to win something from him 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 137

Ha ! Take a day serious if this can be done let me know how?? When everyone depends on you. I dont have a sad story , or pretend to be better than wonder women, BUT taking a day off for myself is laughable. I think I sleep at each stop light on my way to work , then take teh scenic route just to breath on my way home. I have missed my exit many times as I forget where Im at HAHA  I cry silently as if it were out loud I probably be commited (crazy) .Raising 6 kids has been Hell anyone that has gone through what I been through I will listen to , anyone else I just dont have time!!! I have always worked , and ran home to take care of nmy kids , paid my bills, and also holding on to my mortgage . Im no better than anyone else that has forgotten how to breath , or laugh for real . A day off really ? That to me is far from Beleivable . Writing this note was taking time for me Smiley Happy  Don't stop keeping on We can Do IT Smiley Happy !  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 137

I am a 69 year old woman any prayfully 70 in September. I have had Cancer twice and my thing is to give back. However I have never had a vacation or a spa day. I would love to win this contest just like so many others would as well.

Respectfully, 

Theresa Royster 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 137

My husband and I are in our 60's and we were married 7 years ago.  He came here from England for us to get married.  I really wanted to take him around the states and show him our beautiful country, but things happened and we just haven't had the extra cash for me to take him on a vacation anyplace.  We moved to Texas from Michigan for health reasons, and it would be nice to win this extra travel money to be able to at least show him some of Texas.  It makes me feel bad that I haven't been able to show him much of our country.  Thank you.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 137

Hi DR.PHIL I’m 60 years old raising 3 grandkids and never have time for me I also took care of my sick dad who passed away in 2015 and my ex motherinlaw who just passed away on March 1 sometimes I just forget to take care of me 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 137

Hi, I would truly be grateful for a day out. I'm 62 and have been on disability since 2001. So I can't use money for something like this for myself. It would be one thing off my bucket list and the only thing off my bucket list, lol. Thanks so much for the chance! 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 137

Hi Dr.Phil,

I am another one of these woman that don’t take a day off, my husband is part time  retired  and I need to work, my job is demanding I work for a bullet proof company in Michigan and I have not a lot of back up. I would love to take some time to visit my daughter and granddaughters in Tennessee to have some girl time! But my job and extra money is the problem. Please I would love to give ME a break! PS love you and your show.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 137

I am 59 and have been the Executive Director of Haven House of Pickaway County Inc., a 501 c 3 non-profit domestic violence agency providing services to all victims of domestic violence including shelter,  and also shelter to homeless women and children in our area since 2003.  We have recently purchased a building to move our current facility to provide additional services.  We embarked on a Capital Campaign to pay for the shelter and to pay for improvements necessary to move our shelter, including bathrooms, showers, and laundry facility and kitchen area and sprinkler and alarm system.  I have been on top of that coordinating improvements at the new building, operating the existing shelter, moving our offices, and covering for our bookkeeper for the past three months until our new bookkeeper comes in April.  Busy is an understatement.  My husband of 41 years is about to retire and we would love to get away for just a weekend and that $500 would sure be a blessing and encouragement to take that time off.  Thanks for the oppurtunity!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 137

My mom retired in 2011 from a job that mostly only men do.  She worked over 25 years to support me and my 4 sisters, which two of them were disabled.  When she retired, she wanted to travel.  A month after she retired, I found out I had breast cancer.  She got to travel to take me to the doctors and hospitals for the next 5 years.  In between all of that she has traveled two hours away to help my disabled sister and locally to my other disabled sisters' house to help put her in the bed.  I would really love to see my ma ma get the day off.  Thank you!  Angela Chandler

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark