Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP Travel ‘Takes A Day’ on ‘Dr. Phil’

Message 91 of 137

Would appreciate some extra time off.  My husband and I have been married for 48 yrs.  and we both worked a number of extra jobs.  I worked two to help make sure our kids had what they needed for their activites and my husband also had a tree buisness for his second job.  I still am working as much as my body will let me.  We are the type of people not to ask for anything but watched your show today and realized how wonderful our relationship is and would love to have a little fun with my husband while we still can.  thanks for your time   Jennie Lonski

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 92 of 137

@AARPLynnewrote:

Watch AARP's Stephanie Miles on the Dr. Phil show today as she motivates viewers to use their earned vacation days by highlighting the mental, physical and social benefits of taking time off. Self-described workaholic Lorraine Cruz, 51, receives a $5,000 travel gift card from Expedia through resources at AARP.org/takeaday. Check your local listings.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 93 of 137

Good day, I'm Teresa,

I would love to take a day.

A little about me, I'm a single mother of 4 and Nana of 1.

I've been single 15 years, raising my children.

I've worked for 35 years as a machinist /mechanic,  I work 7 days a week.

If I have a day off I would love to take all my kids to eat, and enjoy them all together at one table.

Thank you Teresa Esquivel 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 94 of 137

I am 64 years old and single and still working. I have been Nursing for 28 years and have worked a lot of overtime. For the last year I switched to another job and now getting through work at 4:30 and at least now feel like I have a life. I would love to have a day off and enjoy a day at a spa with my friends. Since I am single I don't have a lot of extra money being divorced since 2005. It would be deeply appreciated!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

$500 gift card

Message 96 of 137

I am 70 years and raised 3 children by myself.  The only vacation I've ever had is visiting with family.  I couldn't afford to take an actual vacation.  I would like to fly to CA and visit with my sister then us drive to **bleep**.  Both of my sister this past year have had strokes.  I would like us to spend sometime together before it's to late.  So please consider me for the $500 vacation gift cars.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 95 of 137

hello Dr.phil 

I so much would love to take a day off without worrying about how am I going to make it if i miss work. I also drive for lyft after work and my days off .

I have been a single parent of 4 children over 25 years.  When my youngest was 16 I became a foster parent of two children with special needs i eventually adopted them now have one child at home he is now 17 his sister was 4yrs old he was 4 months old i never anything something told me to give it a try what can I lose . 

Thank you for taking the time to read my story

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 97 of 137

I would love to take a day off. I am a senior citizen and worked all my life. Mostly caring for elderly people. Never have taken a vacation and no time for myself. This would be a great reward for myself.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 137

I would love to be considered as 1 of those to be picked. I  am a mother of 2, 26, 23 and adopted a third age 13. I am a person that doesn't think of herself first I always put my family,  siblings and parents first. My mom past away in 2015, so I am that person that helps out my father within his household and helps out with my disabled brother, plus 2 grandkids that keeps me busy, they love grandma house.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 99 of 137

I would love a vacation day or two. I'm retired but haven't been on vacation in the last 4 years and that was with the kids. I feel I'm over due for one and I really in need of one. I have a busy schedule I work part-time, watch my grandkids, and assisting my oldest sister who has medical issues. With that said, all that takes up alot of my time. I could use a day at the spa or wine tasting for the day. Sound wonderful.

Susana Martinez

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 100 of 137

I work 5 days a week but am on call 7 days a week. I don't have any free time for myself and really can't afford to take off. It would be great to have the money to take off work for a day just for me. Please help me get a day out for me. Thanks

Kudos
Views