Medicare open enrollment ends Dec. 7! Get the information you need from AARP’s Medicare resource center.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP Travel ‘Takes A Day’ on ‘Dr. Phil’

Message 51 of 137

I just lost my life partner Gary.  He was sick for over 6 months. I stayed the entire month with him in the hospital.  Wouldnt change that for anything.  It would be so nice to have a day off.  Thanks for listening, Sharon

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 137

Please my son moved home paying for a attorney to file for custody for my sons child just changed jobs my husband is not getting 40 hours a week all our bills are behind I’m so stressed that my anxiety is out of control 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 137

Would love to be picked 😀. 49 years old. Single parent. 5 amazing children. 2 college. 1 HS. 2 middle school. 

I just am appreciative of anything I can do with my kids!  Family is everything and so are the memories you make together. ❤️  Thanks for considering me!  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 137

Hello,

My name is Lori. I have raised two girls as a single mother.  In the 20 years I raised them , I took one real vacation. That was over ten years ago. 

I was lucky to have my daughters fly me out to DC for a weekend .It was for my 60th birthday last year. I had to take a day off of work , which I rarely do because I do not get paid time off. I was so grateful!!! What even a short time off can clear your head and re-energize you.

My job is a very physical work. I don't get paid time off , so I do not ever plan vacations. The stress really gets to me at times. AS I get older it gets harder and harder. I REALLY could use time off with the $500. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this. 

Lori 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 137

I would like to enter this contest take a day. I am a full time registered nurse . Age 66 ,, and just plain tired. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 137

My Husnsnd don't take me vacation, so can you please help me

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 137

Hello Dr. Phil  I am writing you becuase I really need some needed me time.  I am a divorce lady that had to move back home to take care of my 73 year old mother which was diagnosed with Dementia and I also oversea my my mother's brother which he has seizures and he also is unable to talk becaause he has throat cancer they removed his voice box years ago.  Although I work from home I really do not get a chance to have leisure time unless it;s at home because of their condition.  I really hope you pick me crossing my fingers.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 137

My Name is Shirley Wright, I can not work any more I have a car injury ,I can use a  day  , Thank you , I as AARP Members 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 137

Would love to win take a day!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 137

My name is Cyndi I am 53 years old.  I can really use a pampered day away.  On November 7, 2017 my husband was killed in a terrible auto accident. Not getting in touch with reality in the loss of my husband of 36 years, I lost my dad to cancer on December 20, 2017.  Since then I have been dealing with the mountains of paperwork for both deaths.  Needless to say I have also been taking care of my 80 year old mother. My days are busy and full, but at times i just want to run away.

Kudos
Views