Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: I Love to take a weekly break

Message 31 of 137

I would love to take a trip. I have never taken a vacation anywhere. I watched the Dr. Phil show and I would love to receive 500  for a day to get away.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP Travel ‘Takes A Day’ on ‘Dr. Phil’

Message 32 of 137

I would love to be able to take a day to go back to my home town and finally after all these years go to my mother's and grandmother's grave and leave flowers. Unfortu ately when my mom passes I was in the process of getting treatment for pheocromocytoma and having my adrenal glands removes and since then i have had a double mastectomy. I haven' been able to travel since then because my daughter had two twin extremely difficult pregnancies where the firat set was born so prematurely that I needed to be here for her and then the 2nd surprise pregnancy happened that I was just afraid to leave and we yes I said we spent the last 9 of 11 weeks of her pregnany inpatient and the last 2 weeks we went to the hospital every 2 days for testing until she delivered.  Now that she isn' pregnant and I'm having fewer doctor appointments for now and ahe can handle babies for a few days i juat need to gho home long enough to finally give my mom flowers. Thank you for even doing something lije this I'm sure whoever wins will enjoy. Maybe it will even be me. 😊

Spoiler

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

No time for me

Message 33 of 137

I watch Dr Phil everyday. Last year I had told a wonderful friend of mine, I forgot who Karen was. I am a member of AARP, & told this friend, I never thought I’d see this day. I’m became ill, & had beautiful teeth. With a wrong  diagnosis, I lost my teeth, all I did was cried. I was told I had Lupus & was treated for yrs, went to Duke & no Lupus. I kept my hair done all the time, now it’s all about 4 of my grandchildren that live a nightmare. I get told to take care of me, but I’m not sure how to do that anymore. I’d love to try!! I love Dr Phil & AARP, get killer car insurance!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

DR Phil take a day

Message 34 of 137

I just finished watching the Doctor Phil show regarding take a day or take a vacation. I just retired after working 38 years in healthcare. I would love to get away for a night or two and could really use extra money to do so. I also have 20 grandchildren six daughters two cats and the lovely husband and a night or two alone sounds wonderful. I hope that you consider me. Sincerely Debra Lester

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 137

A day get away would be wonderful!! I lost my soul mate of 32 yrs cause the hospital couldn't find a human heart for him, cause he had a bad heart when I met him and it didn't matter to me, cause he was so special to me. Things started going wrong at least a month before he passed and never while he was in the hospital did I think he was going to leave me and I even told the Dr that he'll do the artificial heart fine, but I was so wrong. He had the artificial heart surgery and two days later he was gone and I was devastated and I wanted to end my life, cause I'd never been without him. We even worked together for 12 yrs and it was awesome. I'd love to take my BFF of 37 yrs cause she helped me through it all and  I sure needed help. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 137

Take a day....I have actually never truly taken a day for myself since giving birth in 1991. As a stay at home mom most of those years, I have revolved every day around my children and husband. This special giveaway you are offering is the only way I’d ever rationalize spending an extravagant amount on myself to simply relax. Please consider a tired, middle-aged mother whose last baby will graduate high school this June! 

Sincerely, Laura Lease, Valparaiso, IN

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 137
Hi my favorite Dr. I really want that gift card I have not had a vacation in over 30 years . I just lost my job so now I have no money loleither sooo please dr Phil. Thank you penny.....
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 137

Hello Dr. Phil and AARP

My name is Diana Gonzales and I am 59 years old. I worked for Smith's Food and Drug for 25 years but I had to quit to take care of my mom because she has MS. I've been taking care of her for the last 6 years with no job and no income. My job now is taking care of her house, taking care of the shopping, and meeting all of her needs to make sure she is ok. She is now 83 years old and I will never regret doing this for her but to be honest I sure could use a day. 

Thank you for your time

-Sincerely Diana Gonzales

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 137

My husband and I are raising 2 of our grandchildren, sister and brother. She’s 7 and has sensory processing disorder and mild autism. He’s 3. Nothing more needs said on that! Lol. $500 would give us an awesome weekend vacation, something we haven’t had in 4 years! Winning this vacation money would mean the world to us. Thank you

Malinda

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

A short vacation would be the nicest thing in my life of 76 yrs

Message 40 of 137

I and my wife have raised 8 chrildren to adulthood. We never had the time or funds to even get out of town. It has been a dream of my life to be able to enjoy a short vacation. we now have the time but not the means. I am in my middle 70's and she is just behind me. we would very much like to be considered for this program. We have a nice van that our kids provided for us. It would be great to make use of it . We are in great health.  Thanks for your consideration. 

our health is very good and we have the physical ability to travel and have a nice van. 

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views