AARP's caregiver resource center can help you navigate your role as a family caregiver. Try it today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP Travel ‘Takes A Day’ on ‘Dr. Phil’

Message 41 of 137

I need a day for me, work is busy and loading at times. We've had a lot of turnover and I'm carry more than my share nowadays. Please help me have a day off for my sanity.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 137

I would love to take a day or a weekend to go visit my dad in Ohio who has cancer I haven’t seen him in two years.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 137

I would love the chance to win a day vacation. I am overly stressed in a daily basis. I took care of my mother fir 12 years and a daughter, husband, granddaughter, alcoholic sister and brother. I have always worried about everyone else and never myself. I say I’m going to stop but I don’t. I need one day to breath. I would love to win 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 137

Dear Dr. Phil & AARP Team;

I watched Ms. Miles on The Dr. Phil Show earlier today. I would love to be considered for your Takeaday contest. I use to be a major workaholic and busy mother of 2 young men. Unfortunately, due to several ongoing health issues, I was forced to leave my job and go onto Disability. Needless to say, as a workaholic, I went through a severe bout of depression. Since then, my ex-husband and I seperated in December 2006. We have since gone through a nasty divorce and I walked away without anything. Despite my health issues, I have always taken care of my parents and unfortunately lost my father on Christmas evening of 2007. I still continue to take care of my mother regarding all of her health issues as well as my own. Needless to say, on disability, I earn less than a quarter of what I use to make financially and now live paycheck to paycheck so, there is no extra money for me to take some time for myself. I'm always putting everyone and their needs, before my own, and could truly use some down time just to relax and unwind. If I would be considered as one of your recipients, just know that it would be appreciated more than words could express. Thank you for your consideration. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 137

I am needing some time this would be perfect for me! My husband of 18 yrs had 4 strokes a brain biopsy and is now unable to see. He is legally blind. He killed his pancreas from stress 6 yrs ago and is also a type 1 diabetic now.Between work,3 kids,taking care of my sick husband andtaking on our new life I am exhausted. Not to mention every day chores. Plz consider me for this opportunity. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 137

Oh my goodness nothing would light up my life at this point, but a nice little day getaway with AARP and Dr Phil !!!  I have not had a vacation in 26 years and so a little day out on the island or maybe upstate with a friend would be a terrific change of pace.

If I do not win, congratulations to the lucky winner !!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Ever been guilty of leaving vacation days on the table?

Message 47 of 137
I’m trying to enter the giveaway. Where do I enter to win, per the dr. Phil show?
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 137

Dr phil:

id love to be included in the contest. I have not had the time to get away   I’ve been a single mom who raised three children on my own for fifteen years and the last two caring for ailing parents. It’s been difficult to get away. I’m self employed and can’t afford to take a day off. This opportunity who make my life a whole lot better thank you. Betty Stroll

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 137

I’m sure I could  come up with all sorts of reasons why I would deserve this day as opposed to others but I won’t do that. I will simply say it will be a blessing and very much appreciated. Good luck to everyone. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: $500 gift card

Message 50 of 137

I would love to be able to take my son to the Grand Canyon.  He is 27 years old and I know soon he will not want to hand with his mom much more.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22