Community Manager
Community Manager

With everyone cooped up inside, how are you staying sane?

What are you doing to cope in this new normal?  Great story on this here:  

https://www.thegirlfriend.com/parenting/my-familys-still-not-ready-to-accept-this-new-virus-related-...

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Contributor

We all make sure to take our alone time to get breaks from each other! LOL! In the morning, I exercise. In the afternoon, after virtual kindergarten, our five year old, does a "playesta" - part playtime/part siesta, where he chills out and takes an hour to play by himself. After he goes to bed, my husband and I do hygge/cozy hour where we snuggle under blankets, light candles, and read! It's a great way to decompress at the end of the day!
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Sounds like a winning combination all the way around, Jessica!  

(Especially the "hubby time!")

0 Kudos
Contributor

Well, that is a good question. I guess the fact that I love my home and have a small business that I run from home, has made it much more easier for me to stay home since I am there a lot of the time anyway.  However, the lack of places that I can go when I do want to go out for leisure, has been very difficult.  Lunch with the girlfriends, a movie or concert, a museum, everything has been closed in CA.  We have be improvising with picnics in the park, outdoor museums, feeding the ducks at various ponds in the area--you just have to get creative in order to make yourself happy.  A lot of it comes from within anyway, you can choose to be happy or you can choose to be sad.  I have chosen everyday of my life to be happy.  I rarely have a bad day.

Bronze Conversationalist

I'm with you on the attitude, Debbie!!   : )

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Not easy.  My cat likes to argue.

Bronze Conversationalist

Hahahaha about your cat, Martin!   😽😺🙀.  I have three of my own.  

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Virtual Community Center 

Offering a wide variety of FREE interactive, online events and classes designed for learning, self-improvement, and fun. Learn More

Members Can Play More

Membership unlocks free online games and puzzles including classic Atari Games. Join today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health