Community Manager
Community Manager

What's your favorite memory of games you played during your childhood?

Do you have a great memory of games you play during your childhood? 

Candyland, Lite Brite, Donkey Kong, Centipede, Perfection?  Monopoly?  Operation?

Share your memories of some of your favorite games!  Do you still play any of them?

AARPTeri
Regular Contributor

Hide and go seek, battleship, monopoly, Barbie everything, pogo sticks, Uno,

0 Kudos

My favorite game growing up was a game called Gnip Gnop. A friend had it and he let me borrow it. 
Years later I bought the game for my kids and my nieces and nephews. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

deleted

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I had a lot of fun and many happy memories of playing Doctor as a child but I don't think that this is the place to share those games or memories.

I liked to play pinball a good bit when I was younger. From childhood to near adulthood and beyond, pinball was just something fun. Sadly, it's possible but not easily so, to play pinball these days. Video games kind of overtook the market and as they did, pinball kid of fell by the wayside. A game console is fairly inexpensive compared to the cost of a pinball machine. Not to mention the space needed for each and te variety afforded by the variety of games that can be played on a console. With a pinball machine you're limited to just the game in the cabinet.

I also very much enjoyed playing just simple card games. Rummy, Crazy 8's, Euchre, even Old Maid, War and Fish, when I was very young.

I still enjoy playing video games through emulation. Space Invaders, Pac Man, Super Mario Brothers, Sonic The Hedgehog, all great fun sometimes when the mood for nostalgia strikes. Those are good memories that I still get to enjoy these days. Great topic idea. Thanks so much!

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.
Contributor

Stickball, single double and skully.