Community Manager
Community Manager

What's the best gift you ever received?

Do you have that one gift that cannot be topped?  What is the best gift you have gotten or given?  Share with others here!  

Here is a great gift guide we are sharing:  https://www.thegirlfriend.com/money/its-here-the-ultimate-girlfriends-holiday-gift-guide 

AARPTeri

I was over-stressed at work and I had so little free time ... when my husband asked me what I wanted, I told him I wanted more "time" in my life.  Talk about giving your husband a challenge!!!  Boy did he deliver -- he gave me a "housekeeping service for a year" -- once every two weeks someone came and cleaned my house.  It was PERFECT.  I no longer needed to spend my Saturdays cleaning.  That was 10 years ago ... my perfect gift has magically renewed itself year after year after year.

LIFE!🙏

Gold Conversationalist

My best gift ever was the year Santa brought me a Rolls Royce!  Oh wait, that was just a dream I had. 🎅

Contributor

I had my first child just before my 19th birthday, a full 4-6 weeks early. Sadly, I hemorrhaged during childbirth which damaged my womb, causing some scar tissue to form; because of that, I miscarried my next three pregnancies, all lost by 4 months along.  We prayed and prayed for another baby.  Well, month after month went by with no pregnancy. Then... the end of December I missed my monthly period and was tested.  For Christmas that year I found out I was pregnant and my doctor was very proactive to protect the pregnancy through the dangerous 1st and 2nd trimester.  My daughter was born 9 months later, in September...conceiving her at Christmas was my best Christmas!

Gold Conversationalist

Congrats but too much information!

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

The Bible 

Racquel Evans
Super Contributor

The best gift I ever received was on my 50th birthday. (my gosh my 50th was 15 years ago!) My mom got me a print of Rembrandt's "Nightwatch", we had seen the full painting (it is huge) when we went on a Riverboat tour of Belgium and The Netherlands which included a beautiful tulip festival and The Rik museum in Amsterdam in 2001. 

Shari
Bronze Conversationalist

The best gift I've ever received was my wedding day to my late husband.  

Conversationalist

My favorite gift was from my best friend.  She gave me a plug-in teapot and six beautiful mugs in my favorite color, red.  Every morning my husband and I have a cup of tea with breakfast.

Trusted Contributor

When my husband and I were first dating in the late 1980s, he bought me an accordion! I am a piano player and never thought about playing another instrument, but a piano is not portable, so I was intrigued by the accordion. He bought me a student-sized Hohner which is plenty big for someone my size (5/2") and over the years I've continued to improve my skills, even with minimal practice. Since the pandemic, my husband and I have been playing music on our front porch, me on accordion, him on guitar, for the neighbors who gather on our front lawn to jam and sing with us. I have come to love my accordion so much, it was a brilliant present for him to give me, and has brought me so much pleasure over the years!

Conversationalist

The best gift that anyone can receive is the gift of Eternal Life though Jesus Christ our Lord.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements
Introduce yourself and connect with others on similar interests, experiences and needs.
AARP Games

Throw it back and play Atari's Missile Command. Grab your arsenal to neutralize your enemy and protect your cities from a missile attack. You got this!

AARP Games Atari Missile Command

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health

Let Us Work for You

AARP is your trusted friend and fierce defender. Membership unlocks powerful benefits to help you in your life. Join today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership