Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 16

About six months after I retired at age 62, I rescued a 7 month old Doberman who was found running stray on a canal near my home.  He was completely untrained and full of energy.  I started walking him daily as a way to wear him out and make him easier to live with.   Five years (and a lot of training) later he is the best dog I've ever had and we still walk every single day, rain or shine, between 6 and 10 miles daily.   We talk with  people on our walks every day so the walks are also social time for us. I've met and made friends with people I never would have met had it not been for my dog!  I consider him my "Health Coach"  and rescuing him was the best thing I could have done for my health as I age.   It will break my heart when I lose him but I'll rescue another "wild boy" and start training him to be my next Health Coach immediately.  Dogs are the best!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 16

I'm not doing better I'm poorer now that I'm retired. I'm eating worse food because you can't afford good food. Fresh anything is to expensive. I try to grow food inside and some outside but it's not enough. So what do u do in America after you retire.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 16
Yea‼️ 👏🏻👏🏻 I agree‼️ Always try to make someone smile...it’s so easy...give them a compliment..ask a simple question, give them a quick hug, ask if you can help, offer to help!! Just be kind‼️ Be kind to others‼️
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 16

In the spring of 2019, I set a goal of increasing how many fruits and vegetables I eat.  I started lifting weights in 2018.  My fitness philosophy has become:  "If it's hard to do, do it more."  I'm especially concerned about being able to get into and out of a chair or the car and being able to get down on the floor and get up again.  I don't want to make a bunch of grunting noises while doing either of those actions.  So, at the end of every television show or chapter in a book, I get up and walk around.  I try not to sit for more than 40 minutes at a time.  Movement is life!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 16

I have substantially deleted sugar, saturated fat and dairy from my diet. I'm physically active 3x a week almost every week and I eat an anti-inflammatory diet. I also meditate at least once a day.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 16
Interesting
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 16
t
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 16
The point is, message or not, have caller ID on your phone, and never, I mean never, answer the phone unless you recognize the caller. I live in a small place and annoyance callers have the technology to look like a local caller, so it’s easy to get duped into thinking it may be a neighbor or someone who lives close by. Don’t fall for this trick! Also, be aware that scammers are now trolling for cell phone numbers as well. Same deal. Don’t answer unless you know who it is. If they keep calling and don’t leave a message, simply turn the phone off for a while. Set your microwave timer for 30 minutes to turn your phone back on. By then the caller should have given up.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 16

Habits don’t have to be life changing.  For instance, to maintain all those little muscles that contribute to balance, I brush my teeth standing on one leg (alternating morning and night).  But do it alone.  My husband can’t resist pushing me over 😵

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 16

I added a 33 second message to my answering machine that explains why I no longer answer my phone, ( I was getting up to 20 phishing calls a day) and it frustrated the callers so much the callers quit calling. I did have one that called recently 8 times in a half hour, but hasn't called back. I use free white pages reverse phone directory to identify spammers and report them. I posted the message 3 years ago and the call volumn has deminished to near zero. I have had friends leave a message about the length of my recording, so I simply make sure they have my cell number. BTW, the recorder still takes message if they caller really wantrs to leave one. Hope this helps.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit