Community Manager
Community Manager

What do you do to keep your mind sharp?

There are plenty of things like exercise, friendship, reading that help us keep our brain sharp.  What do you do?  Nothing like sharing great ideas with one another to help boost those brain cells.

We have a great article this month on some additional tips:

https://www.thegirlfriend.com/health/keeping-my-brain-sharp-as-im-terrified-of-dementia

AARPTeri
Trusted Contributor

Of course taking piano lessons (even self-taught!) is the very best activity to keep the mind sharp (Using these books! 🙂 but since I already play, I study French daily, I read, exercise, cook and write. Anything that feels like a challenge for more than one of the 5 senses is the best though.

0 Kudos
1 View

I  only longer watch TV or the main stream media.

0 Kudos

Ment no longer watch. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I do a few sudoku puzzles each day.  I'm also brushing up on geography; starting with memorizing the state capitals. My geography knowledge has always been embarrassingly bad, and I figured it was time to remedy that.  I've been a huge reader all my life, and try to read a bit before bed each night.  Great to read different genres, I think that definitely keeps the old gray matter sharp.    

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

I don't know if it keeps my brain sharp, but I have been crocheting hats for newborn babies and preemies for months now. I give them to 2 Hospitals in my area. You have to keep count of the stitches, sometimes I watch TV at the same time and mess up my stitches, so I really do have to keep count of my stitches. It keeps me busy and I love to crochet.   I also do word search games. 

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Super Contributor

I also crochet to keep busy, I also play brain games on my kindle and laptop or and sometimes my phone. Sometimes it is hard to crochet because I have a young cat, who thinks yarn is his. My current project with crocheting is making blankets to give to homeless shelters at the end of the year. 

Shari