Community Manager
Community Manager

What daily habits can you share for this year?

Do you know the daily habits of super healthy people?  Do you have a daily habit that has worked for you?  Let's all share some great tips as we enter a new year!

Want some inspiration on new habits?  Read here:  https://www.thegirlfriend.com/health/the-6-daily-habits-of-super-healthy-people

AARPTeri
Regular Contributor

I walk 2-3 miles everyday.  I keep a tally Step tracker and will hit 800 total miles soon.  Also, I am eating less and healthier food, mainly prepared at home, and sleep 7-8 hours a night.  This has cause me to loose weight.  Down two belt notches.  Finally, I talk to my two adult children everyday and stay in contact with my friends on social media.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Good morning.  Every day I stick with the 6-Dimensions of Wellness:

Doing what I am passionate for (helping others); yoga/walking/cardio; zooming or chatting with friends outside physically distanced and masked; meditation (a gratitude practice); reading about

art history and birds; and ensuring that I am emotionally attuned for the day.  Thank you.

Regular Social Butterfly

That is one hat on my Great GranddaughterThat is one hat on my Great Granddaughter

My daily, not quite a habit maybe a hobby but it keeps me busy and keeps me sane. 

I crochet hats for preemies and newborn babies.  I give them to the 2 major hospitals in my area. 

I just wish I could see a few on the babies. My Granddaughter is in nurses training and is going to labor and delivery in a few weeks, maybe she will get to see a hat on a new baby.  🙂  

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !

I exercise everyday which is very helpful. I've recently gotten into a bit of minalism so I'm paring down some of my stuff - donate, sell. I'm also putting 50% of my income away a month. My goal is to step it up to 60%.
Contributor

My weekly goal is to continue to my practice of 30 minutes of yoga at least 5 out of 7 days. I am working to increase my meditation practice.  My personal mantra is "Peace, Harmony, Laughter, Love."

Gold Conversationalist

I always make sure I get enough sleep which is very important.  Eight hours a night and  adequate naps throughout the day.  😴

The healthiest thing I do for my physical and mental health is my daily spiritual practice. I focus on building my spiritual intimate relationship with God/The Universal Mind/Creator/Higher Power. 

I read Scripture or watch a video, then I meditate and balance my chakras, and then I pray using the formula Jesus taught in The Lord’s  Prayer which I remember by the acronym:

• A - adoration (worship)
  • C - confession of trespasses
  • T - thanksgiving for all I have
  • S - supplication for what I need and desire
Trusted Contributor

My husband and I start our day off with a 45 minute  walk around the neighborhood.  That's  followed by breakfast of oatmeal with berries, nuts and seeds. We finish off with  a couple of pages in a trivia book.  That covers physical, social,  nutritional and cognitive health all by 10:00! 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

To our Online Community Members,

We wanted to let you know that our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service have been updated. The changes are intended to foster more civil discussions in AARP’s online communities. The issues discussed in these communities – including healthcare, retirement and politics – are serious and stir up strong emotions. We should have spirited debates about all of them, but those debates should always be respectful, on topic and fact based. We will be applying these standards in our online communities as we work together, with all of you, to address the challenges that face older Americans. Thank you.

AARP Membership Flash Sale

AARP Games

Throw it back and play Atari's Missile Command. Grab your arsenal to neutralize your enemy and protect your cities from a missile attack. You got this!

AARP Games Atari Missile Command

Your Daily Puzzle

Enjoy our interactive brain-teasers and treat yourself to some mental gymnastics. Try one today.

Your Daily Puzzle