Sex life

What are you do whenever you’re living with your boyfriend that you’re supposed to marry but you have no desire to do that anymore. And you have no desire to even have sex with him

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@TammyM424848 , I think  @DeahWA has given great advice.  Physiological, psychological, biological, spiritual, financial, aging and relationships can be complex. Before ending a relationship you have invested time in, maybe a physical exam with lab work, along with talking to a counselor/therapist could be helpful. Hope this gives you some clarity.  Take care, Christine

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Some medications and hormonal changes of aging can reduce one's libido. Depression and anxiety about aging, finances, family reactions, and commitment can erode a desire to marry. Before ending a relationship, maybe some of these things would bear a bit of examination?  The original post was some months ago. I hope you've found answers since then, @TammyM424848 

Contributor

TammyM424848 wrote:

What are you do whenever you’re living with your boyfriend that you’re supposed to marry but you have no desire to do that anymore. And you have no desire to even have sex with him

Be honest with yourself. Envision life without him.
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Be truthful with him.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

WHEW!   I thought the question was going to be "Do you have a sex life?"  HAHAHAHAHA!

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

LOL @RosemaryF433825 this thread title is what they call "click bait."

But I've been surprised by finding fairly detailed even useful, info in AARP articles on sexual functioning and aging. And why not? It's part of life, and we ain't dead yet. LOL

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Join The Girlfriend and AARP® Staying Sharp® for a special live Facebook event on June 17th at 7:30 p.m. ET! Therapist Rachel Noble will discuss tips to create well-being and joy as we emerge from the pandemic.

Members Can Save More When They Travel

Save when booking a flight & hotel package. Join AARP today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health