Silver Conversationalist

Movie Star Crushes

My first movie star crush, Paul Newman, a sucker for blue eyes.  Saw Him in "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" in a drive-in with my family.  (1969 )  The next big crush was Christopher Reeve in "Superman" (1978)  Then Liam Neeson ( before all the action flixs )  Finally  Matt Damon.  He just seems like a good family man. 

Ladies, how about you?   ---  Christine

Silver Conversationalist

Forgot to add Denzel Washington.  😘 One of my all-time favorites and probably my current crush. Mr. Washington, please accept my apologies for leaving you out initially. 

---  Christine

Bronze Conversationalist

James Garner in Maverick was an early crush, but mostly I think because a boy in my class had similar looks. Sidney Poitier in Lilies of the Field and To Sir with Love was super cute. I went more for Robert Redford's smile and blond hair than Paul Newman's eyes. Robert Conrad in Baa Baa Black Sheep was mesmerizing, and I actually saw him from almost close up on my college campus with his daughter way back when. And ya have to love James Earl Jones for that voice!

Sam Heughan as Jamie Fraser in Outlander is probably the current crush. sam.jpg

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@DeahWA Yes Robert Redford in "The Way We Were".  James Garner was perfection in the movie "Murphy's Romance"  with Sally Field. Sidney Poitier "A Patch Of Blue." Robert Conrad was a cutie too.  Good list!  ---  Christine

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Join The Girlfriend and AARP® Staying Sharp® for a special live Facebook event on June 17th at 7:30 p.m. ET! Therapist Rachel Noble will discuss tips to create well-being and joy as we emerge from the pandemic.

Members Can Save More When They Travel

Save when booking a flight & hotel package. Join AARP today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health