Community Manager
Community Manager

How has your social life changed in this age of coronavirus?

What are you doing to keep in touch with friends and family?  

We write about it here:  https://www.thegirlfriend.com/relationships/how-to-take-your-social-life-online 

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I used to absolutely love going to the movies--sitting in the dark, eating popcorn, and laughing or crying or being scared along with a bunch of strangers who, too, had a love of theater.  I miss that big part of my social life.  I also miss eating out on a semi-regular basis and that means both via fast food establishments and/or sit-down restaurants.  I don't go into sit down restaurants to eat AT ALL now.  And I have only purchased a meal on two occasions from two different restaurants since COVID-19 and the state's lockdowns began way back in March.  

Although I am what they called early on an "essential  worker" and have more than enough socialization through my job, I don't visit with my personal friends as often as I used to.  We all seem to be a part of the "huddled masses" huddling alone.  But we keep in touch on an almost daily basis by phone.  Thank God for Alexander Graham Bell!!!

I have maintained my museum and zoo memberships even though they have been closed for months.  I had hoped that the virus would have been contained better by now. So even though these favorite spaces which I used to frequent have now slowly begun reopening, I still do not feel safe to go there--I have not gone and probably will not for the remainder of the year.

Those are just a few ways my social life has changed.  But one really good thing that has come out of the pandemic for me.  I absolutely love cooking my own food and have made myself to be quite a good cook--the kind that can even make "stone" soup taste good!  lol

Super Contributor

This is a plug, if you want it that way. I frequent "Starbucks" and "Subway."

Both "tastefully" done, pun intended.

Mainstays.
0 Kudos