Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you find and make new friends?

Message 21 of 23

I moved to an Independent Living Community.  It was a totally new experience for me as I had never lived in an apartment before.  People told me I would hate it but I actually love it because there are lots of activities where you get a chance to meet other residents.  It wasn't easy for me to do that as I am somewhat shy but I knew if I wanted to make friends, I had to put myself out there and I did!  I volunteer here, attend Bible classes and church services.  I am part of a book club and also serve as the Librarian, a job which I "inherited" from another resident who passed away.  We do many social things, crafting, Happy Hour once a month, as dining out.  I am glad to have come to be part of this wonderful community of people.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you find and make new friends?

Message 22 of 23

Friendships are one of the true joys of life. I now make a commitment to join book clubs, educational groups, social groups just to make these incredible connections which take investment. I’ve also lost many lifelong friends through their passing and mourn how long it took to build those incredible and rewarding relationships and how fast they are gone. Looking forward to many more amazing connections while celebrating the gift of life. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

How do you find and make new friends?

Message 23 of 23

Do you find it diffucult to make new friends are you get older?   Great article on this here:  https://www.thegirlfriend.com/relationships/making-friends-middle-age-damn-hard what do you think?

AARPTeri
Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.