Regular Contributor

Healthy activities during covid

My husband and I go on daily walks in the morning throughout our neighborhood where there are wonderful walking/biking paths.  There is beautiful desert scape, animals ( bunnies! ) and the most beautiful sunrises over the McDowell Mountains in Arizona.  Both of us love suduko, trivia books, reading, documentaries and watching the latest interesting Netflix series.  ( Queens Gambit anyone?)

Would love to hear what others are doing to keep themselves healthy ( mind, body, soul ) during covid.

0 Kudos

Our big activity in the spring & summer was taking on a 75mi urban trail from East Denver to West Littleton in Colorado.  It was amazing!  My husband and I agreed that it saved our sanity, as it gave us a goal to work towards.  It was such great opportunity to connect.  We've been trying to find more for us to tackle through the fall & winter, but the weekends are cooler now.  We've been watching a lot more tv - and will get together via zoom with friends across the country for brunch or online game playing.  

My biggest tv series discoveries are: AMC's Soulmates, Amazon Prime's Uploads, Netflix's Emily in Paris - Queens Gambit is in queue!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Megan, That's impressive, 75 miles! Christine

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I like taking walks up hills to local parks or in my city while listening to audiobooks (on Libro.fm).  I really enjoyed The Queen's Gambit and have started watching Season 4 of The Crown. SO GOOD!! I'm also writing some new music books which is fun and challenging. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Love audiobooks! Often listen to books when I'm crocheting or doing my other crafts.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Living in Chicago, there was a time when I would walk along the lake (gosh I miss this activity so much), so now I walk around our local park in the early morning. I also take an online class and have discovered that Netflix is very addictive (LOL, currently binge-watching the new season of The Crown). Being semi-retired I also find new crafts for the children I care for to keep them happy and entertained.

Shari
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

My mom shared with me this morning that she walks around her apartment every morning. A brisk walk for ten minutes, get the heart rate up, she is working up to 15 minutes. She is almost 85 years old.

Shari
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Shari, That's awesome that your mom continues to stay physically active.  When people get older and lose their mobility, it can have such a highly negative effect on their health and mental health.  Sounds like both you and your mom are aging very proactively. ( pun intended )

0 Kudos