From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Haven't had sex in years and are ok with it?

Message 1 of 19
I am really happy for you that you have the wonderful husband that you have!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 19

can live without sex but i like to be able to have a partner who i can have sex with it fpr me it is a great mood adjustment 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 19

If "sex" includes intercourse, then it's been a few years for us.  After my complete hysterectomy because of cancer, it was just to painful.  My doctors didn't seem to care about finding a physical solution, you know some mistake made in surgery.  The only recommendation....go to a sex therapist.  What late 60 year old woman wants to go to a sex therapist, plus....it was not in my head....but in the other end.  Then after my husband had some prostrate problems and had surgery it sealed the deal for us.  We still enjoy cuddling, kissing and sometimes self pleasuring.  Having an understand husband, I suspect, makes all the difference in the world.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 19

Maybe for some people it's works without sex. As for myself I enjoy the intimacy can you work on the. Yes, you can take care of your desires yourself but at times it's not always the same..

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 19

My husband and I have been together since he was 19 and I was 16. We dated for 4 years and have been married for 38 years. He was diagnosed with a severe health issue requiring an organ transplant. We haven’t been able to have sex in a year. I am thankful for the nights he is home in bed by my side and I am rubbing his back. We have had decades of incredible sex , but having him with me in any way I can is what matters most to me

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 19

I really don’t have that problem.  All of my women are still ok with it.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 19
Three years for me too. Actually 37 months. I stay horny and frustrated to the MAX . I really know your pain.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 19

My husband and I stopped having sex in late 1993 when he was diagnosed with

idiocardiomyopathy and had to move to Minnesota that January of 1994 for a heart transplant.  My dear beloved husband passed in August of 1995 and I have yet to have a man in my life to have sex with.  I learned that I restrain myself a lot because I have high morals and for a couple of

years, because I was still grieving for my husband.  It was rough restraining myself because my husband and didn't miss a day making love except for that time of the month.  Well, I finally moved into a senior citizens' community from the house I lived in for 33 years of which were 23 years being financially responsible by myself with my adult son not having a job and needing some place to stay.  There are times when I want to go out and grab any man just to have sex, bu there again, my morals won't let me and I totally restrain myself and knowing that God knows when I need a man, the right man and I therefore wait if it's meant to be.  Now that I've moved out entirely on my own, I started wondering if it was because of my husband that I didn't allow another man in my life or was it my son because he fussed every day and still does if I talk to him on the phone.  I've never told him that his fussing reminded me of my father fussing late at night at my mother.  It was at a point where I preferred my father being drunk than sober because he only fussed when he was sober.  My son wasn't drunk or drinking but every time he calls, I am guaranteed fussing at the end of phone call and I just hang up on him.and haven't talked to him in a month.  I haven't talked to my daughter either in 3 years because she tried to use my relationship with son-in-law to use me to have an affair with her friend.  Could have cared less about the affair but usage of me did it.  I know for a fact that if their father were alive, none of this would have happened but at least they found out that they can't break me down simply because I am a woman without a husband. With all that said, I am happier and I want to start dating without any commitment, but I find that I am very picky and cautious even though I get a lot of 2nd glances and stares.  So I do wonder if I did not want any man in my life for 20 years because of my son.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 19
I know... been there. I have lost two husbands to death.
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 19

@JenniferS880013 

Yes indeed Jennifer 

Hugs I miss so much and just snuggling up watch TV

I dearly miss it

Hugs have a way of making everything better 

I hope you'll be blessed with just the person who wants same as you want 

Good luck 

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season