Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Haven't had sex in years and are ok with it?

Message 11 of 19

totally agree!  My hubby is a good cuddler! That means more than anything to us!  We are in our 60s too. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 19

@GingerS172396

Wow another Ginger rarely meet others you have S my maiden name was S 

Yes I so agree.... having y'all relationships you all mention & being there for 1 another is most important 

Having that freedom to choose and life & love are more than about sex 

I want the whole fairytale (pretty woman) 

Can & have live without sex but in this life alone last 5+years I'm finding I truly miss loving.... loving & being loved & mattering to someone who can share things with I miss it & hope & pray I'll be blessed with another to love 

Enjoy your relationships your blessed 

Ginger :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 19

I literally physically can't have sex and haven't been able to for 15 years now, I am 66 which is not that old. I wish to have intimacy with someone who doesn't mind not going all the way, but so far no luck. I miss hugs and cuddling the most!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 19
My name is Ginger as well and my husband has a disease that prevents us from having sex/making love. It is what it is. We still love each other and it's ok. Been thru this before.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 19

In 2000, my boyfriend had prostrate cancer surgery and was impotent after.  In addition, I take an anti-depressant that affects sexual desire - I have none.  I haven't had sex since, and I don't miss it.  When I feel a "desire", I take care of it myself, if you know what I mean.  I have a group of friends that live in an over 55 community who are widow3ed, divorced or never-marrieds and only 1 or 2 of them is interested in sex.  It was wonderful when I was younger - <50 - but I don't care now at 74.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 19

When I read the subject of the topic, I thought, do I really want to say?  I was hesitant but decided  that yes, I would answer.  So, can I go years without sex?  Absolutely!  I have a freedom that I enjoy and in this day of STDs, aids, pregnancy (thank God I don't have that worry!), means a lot.  I can decide for myself what I want with no pressure.  I hope that doesn't sound selfish, but it is who I am now.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 19

I will jump out there with my thoughts.....

@ChessiePique 

As Cheesie says ...ha yup

I'm grateful that I have a choice & I've been more choosy not willing to settle just for sake of having sex as was in younger days

But I'd be lying if said didn't miss it or desire it. 

I read girlfriends article.... ok with me you don't have sex even while married but I don't see a moment in my thoughts being married living without lovemaking 

Yes I'd be perfectly fine if given health issues... also don't feel anyone should feel pressured to keep up with anyone else If your happy way things are so be it don't let others choose what makes you happy and is "normal" for you. 

Given choice I'd definitely be in for the fun and enjoyment along with the great exercise from sex. I also would love to replace my last memory of sex- quickie sex just b4 SuperBowl just before end of my marriage. 

Dr. Phil used to say : [quoting loosely] his thoughts on how important sex is to a marriage "If you have a great sex life in your marriage then it matters 10%.... if you don't then it matters 90%.

I do hope to again have a loving full relationship again but also I'm ok waiting till feel its right choice for myself. .... As far as taking an oath like a nun & saying never again or I don't desire or want it.... that's not happening.... ha ha yup 

Hope if you have a loving relationship you'll relish and enjoy it. ... while I am still keeping the faith for myself

Ginger  :  )  

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 19

Ha ha, yup ...

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Haven't had sex in years and are ok with it?

Message 19 of 19

Seems like this may be a growing trend?  What are your thoughts about this topic?  Read our article on this here:  https://www.thegirlfriend.com/relationships/i-havent-had-sex-in-years-and-i-dont-plan-on-doing-so-an...

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera