Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Have you ever cut sugar from your diet?

Message 1 of 24

I've been sugar free for 2 months. I feel much better more energy and my arthritis isn't hurting as bad.  At first I felt like I was in a coma but finally because I'm stubborn and made up my mind it's better for me I'm cruising along. I'm using keto recipes and not buying junk stuff. It's my life now. 🥳🥳

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 24
Great job, I haven’t been able to do it.
😱
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 24

I actually would rather have something sweet for dinner the food was not good. Definitely an addiction of some sort. 
No such thing as one cookie or five cookies it's many more.
don't buy them can't bring them in the house. I have haven't been able so control this  problem my whole life so at 84, guess I'll have to just to live with it. Cadbury milk chocolate and Hershey kisses are biggest problem. 😱😱

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 24

Not able to stop craving sweets since I was a really aware of it. Have to have Chocolate almost everyday.!!

🙄

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 24

Mot able to stop craving sweets since I was a really aware of it. Have to have Chocolate almost everyday.!!

🙄

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 24

After I became aware of the damage sugar can do to one's health, I decided to cut it out. However, being a slave to an occasional "sweet" I substituted sugar made from the Stevia plant instead of the usual Cane sugar. It worked like a charm! I felt better, looked better, and was no longer a slave to the 'sweet' of Cane sugar because the Stevia was the perfect sweetener for me. Try it.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 24

If I cut out sugar, I lose weight easier.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 24

I don't crave sugar like most folks do. If it is on a table with other foods I will probably skip it and go after one of my less sugary favorites. In this family we do a dessert on Saturday and then nothing until the following week. Or as it has been going so far if there are no desserts or chocolates or other sugar foods in the house I won't go after them. Temptation removed. We eat healthy do not go out to eat like a lot of people do. I prefer to make my food at home. This cuts down on the fats, sugar and salt. So yes, we have cut sugar from our diets and that would be in the form of desserts removed from the house. We also have made a monthly menu from recipes that are our favorites, buy the ingredients and make it ourselves. Has worked out 2 months in a row. We even do this while camping. It is all a mind set. Remove the temptation and  you won't go after it. The other members aren't happy about the sugar removal but I am.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 24

I cut sugar from my diet for a year.  I didn't loose weight but the less sugar I ate, the less I crave it.  Therefore, I believe sugar is addicting. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 24

Hi, I'm Shirlee and I'm a Food Addict.  I am 77 years old & I have tried every EXPENSIVE diet out there - they don't work if you're "addicted" to sugar (etc.). I have been "abstinent" for 10 years and have lost 70 pounds. Unfortunately as an addict, I can never eat sugar again in any form.  For more information & (FREE) meeting locations, go to foodaddicts.org..

I'm in Albuquerque, NM - my phone is on the web site...

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.