Community Manager
Community Manager

Has an old flame or former friend hit on you through Facebook?

I learned that hitting on old flames and former friends on Facebook is a thing.  Has this happened to you or someone you know?  Share your stories here.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

If they bother you - you can always say- Drop dead and blow away!  They will drop you in a hurry.

0 Kudos
Contributor

test
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

I have a number of old flames hitting on me and the wife is not happy!  😬

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I tried to contact some old gals that left me years ago. I have yet to hear from them!

Gaah!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I’ve had a few old girlfriends contact me, but only for friendship. When I learned how right-wing, Trump loving they had become, I dropped them like third-period French.

I was contacted by a boyfriend from 50 years ago!  It had been a serious relationship that fizzled after he was drafted and joined the military. 

It was kind of fun catching up on the intervening years, but it became apparent what he was looking for was stroking his ego from days gone by and a bit of too "friendly" banter.  No thanks!

Contributor

Test
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Don't get sucked in!  The only reason they are reaching out is because they want something... financial support, security. They rely on feeding your self-esteem and perhaps guilt in order to manipulate you. 

Contributor

I don’t think that’s always true. The world is a beautiful place.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Until it reveals its true colors.....
0 Kudos