Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Do you have a kid in school? How are they dealing with cancelled proms and remote learning?

Message 1 of 2

I do.  I have a child still in middle school.  He starts real distance learning on Monday.  We've been homeschooling the past couple of weeks.   He doesn't like school in general, but he really misses going to school now.  It's no fun being stuck at home with nothing to do. Can't play with friends, can't go to the beach, can't see a movie, can't go to a museum.  It's a mess. 

My daughter is in college.  She's back home but she is entertaining herself by chatting with friends on whatever aps they use these days.   And she likes to read, so that helps.   Her college courses were already a blend online and in class.  So her particular professors were able to transition to distance learning pretty easily. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Community Manager

Do you have a kid in school? How are they dealing with cancelled proms and remote learning?

Message 2 of 2

This is a very different time for kids in school? How are they dealing with cancelled proms and graduations?  College kids moving home and finishing online.  Share what you are dealing with.

https://www.thegirlfriend.com/parenting/the-coronavirus-impact-on-my-high-school-senior

AARPTeri
Report Inappropriate Content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users