From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you go to eat out alone or go to a movie alone?

Message 21 of 54

We go out with friends, together or separetly.  We are not shackled together.  For example, this week I saw Tarantino's new movie alone, we thought it would be too violant for her.  I sadly recall a friend who would not go to a movie alone, and she and her husband had very different tastes!  Of course, that didn't stop him from going alone.  Now that he passed away, we try to make an effort to get her out.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 54
Yes I do go out and eat alone. I am single, being a widow and if I want to go to a restaurant I go alone. At first it was not easy but now it seems normal.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 54

I do go out to eat sline6 or with friends. Mostly alone though. For movies, watch Netflux6 at home. Uncomfortable doing so since husband recently passed.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 54

Yes, I tried it once and a guy came and sat down next to me and asked me if he could hold my hand.  Never again!  It's too uncomfortable.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 54

I go to the movies alone most of the time. My friends all work and I like to go during the week. You can’t talk during a movie anyway. Eating out is about 50/50. I like to go with friends, but have no problem going alone if no one is available.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 54

Yes I have gone out a loan to a movie and no I did not feel uncomfortable but it was different.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 54

I’ve been divorced for three years. I was lonely when I was married. I go out to any movie I want to alone and really enjoy it. I can go to any restaurant and eat whatever I want in a relaxed atmosphere so wonderful. I am a confident happy women. I do t want a man in my life unless he makes me happy. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 54

Didn't I just answer this?

I don't enjoy "flying solo". I am a people person, most especially my husband and children and friends. I can sit at home alone and watch TV for basically free.

I don't find "singular" empowering it's just lonely.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 54

I have been to movies on my own at the insistance of my daughters and my husband that it's an empowering "fun" experience. I thought it sucked balls. Maybe it's the movies I'm watching. Who knows? It doesn't seem like something I enjoy.

I have not been out to eat on my own yet. It also seems like something I wouldn't enjoy. I can sit at home alone and stare at my phone while I eat food that I cooked to my specifications - why pay the extra money to enjoy the ambiance of strangers sitting with their companions while I stare at my phone and eat expensive food. 

I'm just not in to the "singlular" experiences.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 54

Yes, I often eat alone.  I will stop at one of my favorite restaurants like Cracker Barrel, Mimi's Cafe or Bob Evans.  I order what I want, not what everyone else is ordering, take my time and enjoy myself.  It beats going home and having to prepare a meal from scratch and eating alone.  I often see friends and sometimes see people I haven't seen in years.  To me, it's enjoyable.

I don't go to movies alone very often.  I generally watch movies using my DVD player or one of the cable stations.  That's usually when I have a bag of popcorn!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season