Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you go to eat out alone or go to a movie alone?

Message 1 of 55

Okay!  So "yes" I do go out to eat alone on occasion and I say "go out to eat," I don't mean a fast food drive through.  I mean going out to eat wherein I actually get out of my car and go inside of a "sit-down" restaurant.  You see, I have a favorite neighborhood coney island restaurant that I have been frequenting for many, many years.  The food in very, very good.  And it's always bustling with folks which I call "the regulars."  Even though we may not speak more words than a simple "hello" or "good morning,"  their faces and mine are familiar to each other.  So whether I go by myself or with a friend, I feel comfortable and without hesitation.

Now as far as moviegoing,  I have absolutely no problem going alone.  However, I generally like going during the early day or afternoon showings.  The crowds aren't there.  There's no lines to have to wait in for tickets or snacks.  And the bathrooms are generally at their cleanest.  And of course, the tickets are their cheapest.  Also, I don't have to quibble with a movie-going companion about what to go see.  So it makes for an easygoing, fun time all the way 'round for me.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 55

Having a meal or attending an event alone is the only way I do this.  It provides for a stress-free and pleasant experience.  It allows for contentment and the peaceful enjoyment of the event.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 55

Good for you!!  I'm going to the International Balloon Festival next month, something I couldn't seem to find time for when I was working; so, I'm trying to make up for lost time. (lol) 

You should try the Meetup.com site . . .

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 55

I honestly do not enjoy doing things solo..especially social things.  I am a young at heart 70 year old and been a widow for quite a while. Most of my female friends dont want to do much except sit on a porch and they dont  or wont drive any more. Trying to encourage them to be more active and to enjoy life more IS  like a full time job!!  FUN to them is me driving them to the mall or a local burger king....so ,yes I have gotten use to going it alone if I want to enjoy and do more, nothing wrong with the above things ....I just need more. My travel group has retired for the winter so iam planning on driving to a few local short distance places, also would love a cruise[ maybe not for winter] to Hawai or Alaska, my local friends wont even consider this thought so am going and will take my 12 yr old granddaughter....or take a singles cruise.  Its unfortunate but  a lot of the times one has to do things alone.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 55

No.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 55

All the time.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 55

Yes I do!

If I can’t find a friend to go there is always the possibility of meeting a new friend!!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 55

As time goes on, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to go out.  I never eat alone.  I have gone to movies by myself but I usually justify waiting until it comes out on Netflix.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 55

I go out to eat alone many times. If there’s a movie I want to see and nobody to go when I’m ready then I’ll go it alone.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 55

Yes, all the time!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users