Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you go to eat out alone or go to a movie alone?

Message 1 of 54

Having a meal or attending an event alone is the only way I do this.  It provides for a stress-free and pleasant experience.  It allows for contentment and the peaceful enjoyment of the event.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 54

Good for you!!  I'm going to the International Balloon Festival next month, something I couldn't seem to find time for when I was working; so, I'm trying to make up for lost time. (lol) 

You should try the Meetup.com site . . .

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 54

I honestly do not enjoy doing things solo..especially social things.  I am a young at heart 70 year old and been a widow for quite a while. Most of my female friends dont want to do much except sit on a porch and they dont  or wont drive any more. Trying to encourage them to be more active and to enjoy life more IS  like a full time job!!  FUN to them is me driving them to the mall or a local burger king....so ,yes I have gotten use to going it alone if I want to enjoy and do more, nothing wrong with the above things ....I just need more. My travel group has retired for the winter so iam planning on driving to a few local short distance places, also would love a cruise[ maybe not for winter] to Hawai or Alaska, my local friends wont even consider this thought so am going and will take my 12 yr old granddaughter....or take a singles cruise.  Its unfortunate but  a lot of the times one has to do things alone.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 54

No.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 54

All the time.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 54

Yes I do!

If I can’t find a friend to go there is always the possibility of meeting a new friend!!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 54

As time goes on, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to go out.  I never eat alone.  I have gone to movies by myself but I usually justify waiting until it comes out on Netflix.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 54

I go out to eat alone many times. If there’s a movie I want to see and nobody to go when I’m ready then I’ll go it alone.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 54

Yes, all the time!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 54

Yes, quite often. I am ok with being by myself and enjoy the freedom of not caring on a conversation after a stressful day.   Gathering my thoughts and rejuvenating myself. At age 68 I need that  quiet time.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season