Community Manager
Community Manager

Did your 2020 have any silver linings?

Remember those clichés our mothers taught us — like “this too shall pass” and “in pain there is growth.” The year 2020 has been one of complete upheaval of life as we knew it. We have graciously rolled with the punches - but we know there are also some great silver linings too!  Share your's here!

Read about finding the beauty in 2020 - https://www.thegirlfriend.com/lifestyle/finding-beauty-in-the-past-year

AARPTeri
Trusted Contributor

Having a Zoom birthday and teaching my mom how to join a Zoom meeting; teaching piano online now gives me much more flexibility for teaching while on vacations in the future; and writing a new piano songbook series that addresses anxiety. Not worth the loss of life, but definitely a silver lining. Also I arranged the song Look for the Silver Lining for free for anyone wishing to play it on piano (easy, intermediate and adv all free). You can print it here.

Conversationalist

Filling your extra time with creativity is the BEST!   Filling the world with music....lovely!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I got married in May to a terrific guy!

Conversationalist

Congrats to you, Christine!   May you have forever happiness.  😍

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

My 2020 silver lining is that the democratic process worked!

0 Kudos
Contributor

The next 4 years will tell if you are right.  We are supposed to be a republic but I fear too many people do not understand our form of government.  We might become a democracy but are more apt to lose our freedom if we do.  

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Every day in itself has silver linings...or blessings/good stuff... in my opinion.  It's really all in how you choose to look at things.  For as much as I've heard grumblings and frustrations from other people during these times, I've also heard of some very positive and amazing surprises that people have discovered!  The importance of slowing down and spending more time with their families.  The joy in helping others by contributing to food banks or homeless shelters.  Taking up a new hobby they've always been curious about...or even an online college course.  

And we may not realize it at the time, but life teaches us so many lessons that we can put to good use, and more opportunities than disappointments.  Thanks!