With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

jerryereed

I'm a Vietnam service vet having served in Thailand in 1969. As a way to thanks to a vet I decided to pass it on. I had two tickets to the movie Bridge of Spies with Tom Hanks. I have already seen it and didn't want to go again. It's great, by the way. So this morning I spotted a couple heading into our local movie theater, approached, said hello, identified myself as a veteran and asked what movie they were planning to see. "Bridge of Spies" she said. I asked if either was a veteran. Turns out he's a Vietnam vet. I handed them the tickets and said: "Enjoy the movie." It felt good to share forward and to say thank you to another vet.

Comments
cm6267703
That was nice of you to do. And that it worked out well. I remember my husband back from service and he and I were walking to our friends house in snowy weather. It was a short walk over a bridge with a sidewalk..but as the snow piled up there was no longer a safe path separated from auto traffic. A man stopped because the man wanted to help out a vet. We took the safe ride up the street. Our friend was happy we arrived safe as when we started out it had not been snowing.
AARP Terms of Service