From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?"

Message 1 of 3

The question that brought down the contestant I watched, had to do with a well-known fairytale, and by whom the young maiden became pregnant. The contestant went thru all the choices aloud, explaining each character's story-line in the fairytale .. and she got it wrong anyway. I got it right .. all in my head without saying a word!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?"

Message 2 of 3

@ASTRAEA wrote:

How many of you are fans of this show?

I found it beyond infuriating .. but I guess I'd be boring; Chris Harrison would read the question & choices .. and I'd just say what I thought the answer was!

I enjoy the show but find the same things infuriating as you do.

What really worries me about what I see on the show is how little common knowledge is possessed by the "younger" generation. OMG, I've become my dad.... I am sure he said that about us 60's kids.

I know people miss question because it is not about their culture, their generation, or their interests but that isn't what I'm talking about.

These young contestants have no clue about simple questions that I thought should be in EVERYONE'S MEMORY BANKS, in their brains, by their age.

It doesn't seem to occur with older contestants and older contestants seem to get further in the game. Maybe that's why they don't have too many older contestants. Too much money would exit the door..

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

"Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?"

Message 3 of 3

How many of you are fans of this show?

I never really watched it, until it was on while I was at the car dealer for service last week. I guess the producers "coach" the contestants, because I surely don't "think out loud", much less walk thru my entire thought process for everyone to hear! I found it beyond infuriating .. but I guess I'd be boring; Chris Harrison would read the question & choices .. and I'd just say what I thought the answer was!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors