Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "Unforgotten" - Season 3 on Masterpiece - Starts Week of 4/7!

Message 1 of 38

@MaVolta I thought it was 3 months, and I just thought he said it was good to see her. 

I found this The Gardian Article about the finale. It confirms that:

• Chris's girlfriend Jamila is pregnant.
  • That is Pete Carr's funeral that James & Chris attend.

I read a bunch of other articles, but no one mentioned the amount of time that lapsed. They did imply that Cassie hadn't officially returned to work, so we were left hanging as to whether she'd run off with her old friend.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 38

@ASTRAEA  - There was some time lapse that flashed on the screen (3 weeks?) as Cassie arrived at the cemetery with her friend. That led me to believe that she had just returned. Sunny said something like welcome back boss or good to see you boss. Can't remember. Maybe you can replay just the ending online.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 38

@MaVolta I think I may need to watch that last episode again, for the finer points! I thought that Cassie was still on sabatical, when she met Sunny & Haley's family at the gravesite. I thought that left it open as to whether she'd be returning to work/the same position at work. Unfortunately, I think my other PBS station ran the final episode last night, so I guess I'd have to stream it online.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 38

Oh, I didn't catch on what "the scan" was all about! I got it that they were getting married, but not the pregnancy. Maybe she's several years his junior? 

I can't remember how the funeral scene began, but I immediately thought, this is for Pete. And yes, all of the "usual suspects" and their families had gathered there, so it seems unlikely to have been for Haley. The funeral seemed to indicate that the affected families had started a healing process. It was a little confusing since the final scene was at Haley's grave after Cassie returned from her sabbatical.

It was nice to see Cassie get together with the former investigator. I wonder if he will return in the next series. The actor played Archie in the long running series Monarch of the Glen. I really enjoyed that show.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 38

@catwoman500  - I can't imagine Hailey's family wanting any of that "gang of 4" at her funeral! Chris seemed more "normal" at the end .. but didn't he mention that they went for a "scan" & his girlfiend was pregnant? (I'm assuming that's British for ultrasound)? Those guys had to be in their early 60s, and Chris had been living in a van .. doesn't it seem a tad irresponsible for him to be having a baby at that point?!

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 38

@ASTRAEA , @MaVolta , @LaDolceVita 

I may have to watch that whole episode over again. I thought the funeral was for Haley's remains! wonder if I was falling asleep?

Thought Finch was the most normal also because he was so kind to Chris! I'm glad things will work out for Chris and whatever her name was.

Seems James and Elliot may slowly mend their relationship thanks to the ex wife.

Thought Cassie was going to lose her cookies the more Finch talked!

Glad she and her father had a talk.

Loved Sunny (is that his name?) having the discussion with his daughters about getting back with their mother and them letting him know it was better this way.

There is another season, so I'm glad for that. N.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 38

@MaVolta - I either totally missed or forgot about the blogger who stabbed Pete!

Finch seemed like the most "normal" of the 4 friends, even with the possibility of him being abusive at home.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 38

@ASTRAEA  - I watched the final episode last night, and it was a surprise shocker. It never occurred to me that the killer would turn out to be a psychopathic serial killer. These shows seem to always lead you around to this suspect and that. Even after they had arrested Finch, I still wasn't sure he was going to be the guy. 

Cassie really became emotional, but it had been wearing on her for so long. Once Finch had confessed and started to lead them to other victims, she became overwhelmed to the point of having a breakdown. 

There was a funeral toward the end, and I thought it was for Pete. He died at the hospital. The blogger who caused his death was arrested. What surprised me was her motive. She turned out to be an upstart journalist who thought the only way to gain attention was to write sensational tabloid-like stories and dabble in conspiracy theories.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 38

So this week is the season finale .. did you see it last night, or will it be broadcast later in the week on your PBS station?

If you watched it already, were you surprised by which of the 4 friends killed Haley Reid? Did that make it feel like all the storylines about the other 3 were just red herrings? Were you surprised by how DCI Cassie Stuart reacted, once he started opening up?

There was a funeral near the end of the episode; do you think that was Pete Carr finally dying after being attacked?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 38

@MaVolta Pete seems to to thru life having "cash flow problems", which he manages by stealing from companies for which he's worked, non-profits & clients. I think that part of that is due to being marginally competent no matter what he does.

Kudos
Views