Credit freezes are free under a federal law that just went into effect. Learn how to protect your credit.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "The Tunnel" - PBS

Message 11 of 15

@MaVolta - When I was watching one episode, a woman officer got out of her car to check something, and was suddenly overrun by an army of rats .. I couldn't watch that!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 15

I've been watching The Tunnel series from the beginning, and yes, it has a very dark side. It has been a very strange mystery series, even weird at times, and has also had some very violent scenes that I couldn't watch. But there has also been an undercurrent of humor that rides below the surface. Since this is the last season, I do want to see how it all ends. 

The two investigators are practically polar opposites. Karl is a fairly straight forward, laid back, character on the Brit side. On the French side, Elise has been a much more complex character that seems to battle her own demons. I think Elise has gone through the entire series without a change of expression. I mean, she is stone faced, which contributes to some of the humor involved; amazing job by the actress Clemence Poesy.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 15

@nyadrn - I could answer that question a lot better, if I actually managed to stay awake thru an entire episode! Smiley Wink

I can't put my finger on what the difference is, but I find that the Brit/European crime dramas are a little "darker", than American series like the various "Law & Order" shows. Not sure if it's the characters, the production style, or the story lines themselves. Any thoughts?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 15

@ASTRAEA wrote:

Are any of you watching "The Tunnel"; in the NY Metro area it's broadcast Sunday nights after Masterpiece Theater? This is season 3:

"The Tunnel: Vengeance" is set amidst post-Brexit hysteria, an escalating refugee crisis and the increasing threat of terror occasioned by disenfranchised, exiled souls on whom society has turned its back. Karl and Elise take on a toxic and terrifying folie à deux whose mutual defining quality is an existential deathwish. When the question posed by the couple – what is a life worth? – is directed straight back at Karl, he is forced to confront an utterly impossible choice."

I totally missed the first 2 seasons, but with this starting at 10:30 PM, I generally fall asleep shortly into each episode! Smiley Sad

No never heard of it.  I get up pretty early and don't ususually watch later programs.  Do you like it?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

"The Tunnel" - PBS

Message 15 of 15

Are any of you watching "The Tunnel"; in the NY Metro area it's broadcast Sunday nights after Masterpiece Theater? This is season 3:

"The Tunnel: Vengeance" is set amidst post-Brexit hysteria, an escalating refugee crisis and the increasing threat of terror occasioned by disenfranchised, exiled souls on whom society has turned its back. Karl and Elise take on a toxic and terrifying folie à deux whose mutual defining quality is an existential deathwish. When the question posed by the couple – what is a life worth? – is directed straight back at Karl, he is forced to confront an utterly impossible choice."

I totally missed the first 2 seasons, but with this starting at 10:30 PM, I generally fall asleep shortly into each episode! Smiley Sad

Kudos
Views
Replies