Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: "The Four" - Fox Music Competition

Message 1 of 4

@catwoman500 - I watched "9-1-1" and really enjoyed it; thought I'd create a discussion for it, but then got distracted! Smiley Wink

Was surprised not to recognize Peter Krause as the fire captain, but just loved Angela Bassett .. not to mention the story line with her family! Connie Britton is also great as the 911 operator; that has to be an incredibly demanding role .. even though it is just a part she plays.

Not thrilled with slightly out-of-control firefighter Evan Buckley; think he'd be the kind of guy you'd want to fire at least 2 or 3 times a week! Amazingly, actor Oliver Stark is British .. and has an accent, but I didn't pick that up during the show at all!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 4

I didn't watch it. If it is on Fridays, then the only way I'd see it is On Demand since my Fridays belong to CBS: MacGyver, Hawaii 5-0, and Bluebloods.

I did see Fergie, et al interviewed on Ellen. Even though I love Meghan Trainor, the other judges are not people I am interested in.

Off topic, but did anyone see the new 9-1-1 on Fox? WOW! Great cast! If we want to discuss... maybe I'll start a topic on it??? N.

Message 3 of 4

ASTRAEA wrote:

Did anyone watch "The Four" on Fox last night? This is from the CNN article in that link:

>>

Your thoughts? Do we need another singing competition? What do you think of the format, compared to "American Idol" and "The Voice", and the celebrity host/judges? I was kind of surprised to see Fergie hosting, rather than being one of the professional judges.

No  I havn't watched this yet  and I am sure I will just to see what they have done with it but.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

"The Four" - Fox Music Competition

Message 4 of 4

Did anyone watch "The Four" on Fox last night? This is from the CNN article in that link:

"(CNN)Fox decided to retire "American Idol," then experienced remorse when ABC stepped in to acquire the franchise. Yet the network's attempt to fill the void, "The Four: Battle for Stardom," is an uninspired addition to the singing-competition genre, with as much "American Gladiators" in its DNA as "Idol."

Featuring Fergie as host, and a panel of judges headlined by Sean "Diddy" Combs and Meghan Trainor, the show labors to create tension points throughout. Aspiring contenders perform, seeking an opportunity to challenge four pre-screened and selected artists and knock them off their perches, counting down to an eventual winner."

Your thoughts? Do we need another singing competition? What do you think of the format, compared to "American Idol" and "The Voice", and the celebrity host/judges? I was kind of surprised to see Fergie hosting, rather than being one of the professional judges.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors