Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "Little Women" on PBS' Masterpiece Theater

Message 11 of 19

@catwoman500wrote:

Anyone catch the preview on PBS last night after A Child in Time?

@catwoman500  I saw some of it before I fell asleep and maybe I will give it a try.. they seem to be paying quite a lot of attention to each character and the overall presentation.

You??

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 19

Anyone catch the preview on PBS last night after A Child in Time?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 19

@n566192l@ASTRAEA

@n566192lwrote:

ASTRAEA,

Thank you for your detailed list of great actor and actress, who where in LITTLE WOMEN.

nice to see you post.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 19

@ASTRAEAwrote:

@nyadrn - Would you believe that while I've seen bits & pieces of the various versions, I've never watched (or read) the entire thing, beginning to end!

I also like that when PBS/Masterpiece produces a well-known story, they often use actors who are unknown .. or at least unknown to Americans, so we don't have any preconcieved notions about them, outside the characters they play. [yes, I know that after a while we recognize actors from previous series, but the English don't seem to "type-cast" the way American TV series do.]

@ASTRAEA  yes I would believe it..  I read the book but I am not sure when I watched it all.  I like reading the book first.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 19

I'm in! I have had the date written down for a while. Always have loved the story, but I think I liked it best when I read the book eons ago.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 19

@nyadrn - Would you believe that while I've seen bits & pieces of the various versions, I've never watched (or read) the entire thing, beginning to end!

I also like that when PBS/Masterpiece produces a well-known story, they often use actors who are unknown .. or at least unknown to Americans, so we don't have any preconcieved notions about them, outside the characters they play. [yes, I know that after a while we recognize actors from previous series, but the English don't seem to "type-cast" the way American TV series do.]

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 19

ASTRAEA,

Thank you for your detailed list of great actor and actress, who where in LITTLE WOMEN.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 19

@ASTRAEAwrote:

Are you looking forward to "Little Women" on Masterpiece Theater in May? This Louisa May Alcott story set during the Civil War period is a coming of age story about the 4 March sisters & their mother in Massachusetts, under their "reduced circumstances", while their father works as a pastor far away.

>>

I don't know ..  my sister loves loves loves Little Women and I will have to remind her that this is  on.. but me,  I have seen it so many times..   what about you?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

"Little Women" on PBS' Masterpiece Theater

Message 19 of 19

Are you looking forward to "Little Women" on Masterpiece Theater in May? This Louisa May Alcott story set during the Civil War period is a coming of age story about the 4 March sisters & their mother in Massachusetts, under their "reduced circumstances", while their father works as a pastor far away.

There have been 2 silent film adaptations, as well as movies done in 1933, 1949, 1978 & 1994. On TV, there was a 1958 musical adaptation, and 3 BBC serialized versions in 1950 (broadcast live), 1958, and 1970 .. before the current production.

A few of the most notable cast members have been:

1933 - Kathryn Hepburn as Jo, Joan Bennett as Amy & Spring Byington as Marmee.

1949 - Elizabeth Taylor as Amy & Peter Lawford as Laurie.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors