From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "Call The Midwife" - Season 7 Premiere Late March

Message 21 of 36

In watching this past Sunday's episode I almost had a panic attack for fear Trixie was leaving! I quickly Googled and read that she will only be gone for a little while to "rehab" while the actress has her real life baby. Whew!

Poor Sister Monica Joan! I'm so glad she was persuaded to have the cataract surgery.

Kudos to that Pakistani (I think that is what they said that family was) woman for accepting her cousin as her husband's second wife. Gee! That was quite a shock to her.

Never a dull moment around Nonatus House!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 36

@MaVoltawrote:

Episode 3 got really heavy. There was Magda and her attempt at self-abortion. The Lunt family dealing with the devastating Huntington's disease was very sad. Trixie was so compassionate in trying to help them as much as she could. Finally, she sacrifices her own love interest for the sake of his child only to turn back to alcohol for solace. 

@catwoman500 - You're right, we needed Fred Buckle last night!

Spoiler alert - Be careful if you google articles or blogs. Season 8 is already airing in the UK.

@MaVolta  It was a really serious night!! and boy I did not know that the "communist block countries" allowed abortion before England did.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 36

@catwoman500wrote:

@ASTRAEA...SPOILER ALERT

Thank goodness for Fred Buckle! Otherwise I would have been sobbing through the whole episode.

At the end I was screaming at Trixie, “No, no, don’t pour that shaker…put it down, Trixie.” I can’t believe she went down the rabbit hole. She seemed to have had her “stuff” all together. On the other hand, I guess it is modeling reality as alcoholics do have their slips. Hoping this is only a slip, but the previews seem to show her in bad shape.

What in the world made her send Christopher back to his ex-wife? He already told her he loved her, not his ex-wife. And the little girl seemed to like Trixie, too. Wonder if the ex was playing mind games with Alexandra? And Trixie seeing the kids at that school where she took Wendy Lunt may have added to the things that Christopher told her about how they had to handle the ex’s new restrictions with Alexandra. I hope everything turns out OK, but that’s just me wishing for happy endings again.

Magda sure didn’t last long. And that poor Lunt family! Devastating.

@catwoman500  Good points all....  OM gosh the Lunt family.. awful.   and Magda.. why dump her so soon??  Good episode though!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 36

Episode 3 got really heavy. There was Magda and her attempt at self-abortion. The Lunt family dealing with the devastating Huntington's disease was very sad. Trixie was so compassionate in trying to help them as much as she could. Finally, she sacrifices her own love interest for the sake of his child only to turn back to alcohol for solace. 

@catwoman500 - You're right, we needed Fred Buckle last night!

Spoiler alert - Be careful if you google articles or blogs. Season 8 is already airing in the UK.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 36

@ASTRAEA...SPOILER ALERT

Thank goodness for Fred Buckle! Otherwise I would have been sobbing through the whole episode.

At the end I was screaming at Trixie, “No, no, don’t pour that shaker…put it down, Trixie.” I can’t believe she went down the rabbit hole. She seemed to have had her “stuff” all together. On the other hand, I guess it is modeling reality as alcoholics do have their slips. Hoping this is only a slip, but the previews seem to show her in bad shape.

What in the world made her send Christopher back to his ex-wife? He already told her he loved her, not his ex-wife. And the little girl seemed to like Trixie, too. Wonder if the ex was playing mind games with Alexandra? And Trixie seeing the kids at that school where she took Wendy Lunt may have added to the things that Christopher told her about how they had to handle the ex’s new restrictions with Alexandra. I hope everything turns out OK, but that’s just me wishing for happy endings again.

Magda sure didn’t last long. And that poor Lunt family! Devastating.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 36

@ASTRAEAwrote:

Nuts; I thought they weren't having a new episode tonight because it's Easter! Now I'll have to watch it online or on demand, since I was out at cousins'. Smiley Sad

It’s aggravating to miss an episode.  

Hope you had a good time. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 36

Nuts; I thought they weren't having a new episode tonight because it's Easter! Now I'll have to watch it online or on demand, since I was out at cousins'. Smiley Sad

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 36

Oh boy.   Tonight’s show was good except for that “go back to your wife for the good of the children” speech from Trixie.  I could have done without that thrown in. 

Grrrrr.    

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 36

Yes, I watched both episodes. Lots to enjoy with Lucille, the new mid-wife from Jamaica, Sheila's 'refugee' nanny, and Trixie's love interest. It's also interesting to see the changing of the times as they progress into the mid-60's. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 36

I watched, and as always was surprised how fast the time goes. I enjoyed all of it and especially the comic relief parts about Sister Winifred and her driving and Sheila and the au pair! Cat LOL

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors