Join Dr. Catherine Alicia Georges and Amy Goyer at 10:15 a.m. ET Wednesday for an AARP telephone town hall on family caregiving issues. Register here.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "Call The Midwife" - Season 7 Premiere Late March

Message 1 of 36

@catwoman500 - That's a nice summary.

That was a lot of babies! maybe the most they've had in one episode.

Reggie's carousel was such sweet touch, and then the pictures on the movie reel brought it all back. I wasn't sure if Tom would be able to sit through it, but he did. So he may be leaving for a while, but plans to return? I take it that he will show up somewhere in season 8.

It was nice to see a change of heart by the daughter in the "Uncle Donald" story. 

But Sr Monica Joan showed everyone that living must go on, even through times of sadness and mourning. Her surprise birthday party was a nice ending.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 36

@catwoman500 - I needed the tissues for the "Uncle Donald" storyline; not bad enough that "Uncle Donald" had dementia .. but was gay as well, back then!

I thought that Stanley Hodgkiss (the projectionist) looked familiar, and now I know why .. David Bamber played the incredibly annoying & pompous cousin/clergyman, Mr. Collins, in "Pride & Prejudice" .. who wants to marry Elizabeth Bennet!

Yes; I'm horrified that the next season won't start until spring 2019!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 36

I didn't get much crocheting done last night. I was constantly reaching for tissues as my eyes were not dry from the moment Fred started to shave Tom in preparation for the funeral to the last glimpse of Reggie's carousel on Barbara's grave in the Sister Monica Joan birthday reel. What an emotional season finale. I hate that we have to wait until next year. Hopefully we can see the Christmas episode in December.

Oh, the babies that were born last night! WOW! Nurse Crane and her poor back, Sr. Monica Joan worrying about not having a birthday party, the "Uncle Donald" storyline, Trixie waving to Sr. Monica Joan in the birthday reel. That was a packed episode, but still not enough to hold us until next season.  N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 36

@catwoman500 - The Turners recently moved to a nicer, more modern & suburban home, but their work brought them to people on the lowest rung of the scale, financially, educationally & socially. At 17, their son Tim is still something of a child coddled by his parents, compared to the boy in "remand" who was fathering a baby & trying to do the right thing & be responsible .. without the family guidance or education to make better decisions.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 36

OK...so the word is out about Barbara.

I was a mess through the episode. First Barbara rallies, and then....Cat Sad I was also shocked. I hadn't read anthing about this season, so was not ready for that at all!

Dr. Turner looked at Tim's staying out too late a little differently after he dealt with that poor young father who was sentenced to 3 years. N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 36

@catwoman500, @MaVolta - I think the episode bothered me more, because we had a sudden event like that in my family about 2 years ago .. and that person wasn't even really sick!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 36

@ASTRAEA

@catwoman500

Wow! That was a shocker! So what will happen to Tom? Preview didn't look to good for him.

The Turners helping the troubled young couple was a touching story. 

I do hope the finale is more upbeat with Sr Monica Joan's birthday, but then they also have to deal with Barbara's funeral. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 36

WHOA! I didn't see that coming!

I'm not going to mention what happened in case someone hasn't seen this episode yet, but the tissues were filling my waste basket!

Oh, that mother was such a pain! I'm glad the young man got to hold his little son.

This episode sure made me wonder what is going to happen in the finale. N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 36

Quite a shocking turn of events, in episode 7, and episode 8 is the season finale!

Hated the mother who wanted to keep her daughter & her husband apart, and was so controlling.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 36

Hardly seems possible that the season is almost over.Cat Sad

Kudos
Views