Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: "9-1-1" on Fox

Message 1 of 14

Trying to catch up with this series On Demand.

Last night I watched the episode: Full Moon Creepy. This was not one to watch alone.Cat Surprised

I almost exited in the first 10 minutes, but stuck with it.  Apparently 9-1-1 calls are more abundant and stranger during a full moon. One part that wasn't scary, but strange, took place in a yoga class for pregnant women. 9-1-1 was called for a woman who got stuck in a pose and was having back spasms. While they were attending her, 3 more people went into labor and 2 babies actually were born. The squad had to call for back up ambos and paramedics. It was kind of funny.

One storyline that was difficult was about Abby, the operator getting a call of a home invasion and then hearing the victim being murdered. YIKES!

I do like this show and the actors and characters. The "renegade" character, Buck, has actually turned himself around and is a good guy. The captain, played by Peter Krause, has some deep issues that he is working through.

Report Inappropriate Content

Message 2 of 14

If you are planning on celebrating Valentine's Day, don't snuggle up with episode 6. Just watched it On Demand and it was so full of Valentine mishaps you'll never want to be romantic again! HA!

Message 3 of 14

@ASTRAEA, They survived. The water was close to their heads, but the door was jammed and the rescue squad had to somehow hook a cable to the bathroom door, run it the length of the plane and attach it to one of the rescue boats and as the boat motored away, the door was like an airborne missile shooting through the plane nearly missing Buck's head.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 14

@catwoman500 - The last thing I saw before switching channels to "Vikings", was that couple rushing to the back lavatory. Does that mean they didn't survive the crash, or drown afterwards?

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

Message 5 of 14

Learn anything?  Hmmm. Well, if there has to be a crash, maybe wish to have the plane crash in California close to the beach where the water would be warmer and the rescue squad can get to you faster! Cat Frustrated

And a question...were those lifeboats on the plane or did they come from the rescue squad?

Also good to know that the emergency slide things can float. I never thought about that before.

Oh, and kind of important...don't have sex in the bathroom on a plane. Joining the Mile High Club could mean you'd be joining the Deep Below the Sea Club Cat LOL

Message 6 of 14

Confession - When I realized it was going to involve a plane crash, I decided to watch the current episode of "Vikings" instead!

So the question is: Did you learn anything from 9-1-1 that would help you survive/escape a watery plane crash?

Message 7 of 14

Last night's episode contained the incident that Peter Krause had been talking about where they had to simulate a water rescue. I'm not going to give away any details, but it was intense. Also a great performance from Angela Bassett. We were left with a cliff hanger involving Connie Britton's and Marriette Hartley's characters. N.

Message 8 of 14

@ASTRAEA...LOL ...so much TV, so little time.

Sleep rules!  Cat LOL

Message 9 of 14

@catwoman500 - It's also the same time as the new "Vikings" episode, but since they show last week's episode the hour earlier, I can watch Vikings a week late, the "911". But it's a moot point, since when I did that last week, I fell asleep during 911!

Message 10 of 14

So now that I know 9-1-1 airs on Wednesdays, I've been watching it On Demand since it runs opposite to L&O SVU on NBC. I watched episode 2 and it was just as good as the first episode. Episode 3 airs tonight at 9:00 EST on FOX. N.

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors