From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: While We Are On Britian, What Are Your Favorite Comedies?

Message 31 of 82

when I 1st came to Seattel in '67(married a Boeing man I'd met in toronto) Americans didn't appreciate/understand British Humour.As an Aussie I was brought up on the radio shows of tony Hancock, Peter Sellers, and Bob Newhart!  but eventually Monty Python arrived(introduced by my young son(he loved all my old British LPs) and with it, Fawlty TowersAll Creatures great and small(Benny Hill was too off colour with a child around) but To the Manor Born, Darling Buds of May, Vicar of Dibley, Hiacynth(poor richard!) I just love to bits! Doc Martin isn't to everyone's taste, but love the bits with the cups of tea, and the wonderful local scenery!

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 82

On British comedies : I will go along with all the Black Adders plus "The Young Ones"," Good Neighbors"," The Inbetweeners", "To the Manor Born" and can't forget " Abfab" or " Man About the House"  and "Robin's Nest" and " George and Mildred".

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 82
We have two comedies that we really enjoyed. The first one is Keeping Up Appearances. It could be so funny with Mrs. Bucket (she pronounced it Bouquet) and her poor henpecked husband Richard. Everyone always tried to avoid her.

The second show we watched was Are You Being Served. They had some pretty hilarious situations in the department store.

We still watch the reruns.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Benny Hill

Message 34 of 82
His costumes and his skits and jokes were just to much. He put me in histerics many times. Can you imagine a guy like Benny Hill being made up to play Farah Fawcett for a parody on Charlie's AAngels.
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 82

Doctor in the House.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 82
There are SO many ...

As Time Goes By
Keeping Up Appearances
Are You Being Served?
Blackadder
Mr. Bean
Good Neighbors
Fawlty Towers
Posh Nosh
Absolutely Fabulous
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 82

My current favorite is “Last of the Summer Wine”. When Compo (Bill Owen) died it was the end of an era. The Mr. Owen was died from cancer the next several shows were a memorial to him; something, never done on a comedy. If you haven’t watched it you should.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 82

I have seen Allo Allo? a couple times and love it. Not sure of the spelling but it means Hello Hello.

Best to watch from the beginning, it can be confusing if you just jump in. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 82

We love The Good Life (in the U.S., it was called Good Neighbors) from the 1970s.  Also Are You Being Served?

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 82

I liked Hyacinth also-- she was on long ago -- remember her?  And her husband?  She wanted to 

be high class, but alas, it just didn't :"take."  "Keeeping Up Appearances" was the show.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors