Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Re: While We Are On Britian, What Are Your Favorite Comedies?

Message 11 of 86

glad you've found them! we had them in Seattle years back! still available at library!

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 86

I've discovered a series on Hulu that has me actually laughing out loud.  It's called "Jeeves & Wooster", is based on the stories of P.G. Wodehouse and stars a very young Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie.  It reminds me of the old 1930/40's movies with Cary Grant/Katherine Hepburn or Myrna Loy.  As a bonus, several of the episodes has music by Hugh Laurie and others.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 86

Monty Python's Flying Circus,Benny Hill Show,Fawlty Towers,Mr. Bean & Are You Being Served? just about covers it

Kudos
Views
Highlighted

Message 14 of 86

I like Keeping up appearances and the Vicar of Dibley, To the Manor born, but the very best of all is Doc Martin

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 15 of 86
I always get a laugh watching "Waiting for God"
Highlighted
Contributor

Message 16 of 86

My absolute favorite British comedies are "Are You Being Served" and "The Viccor of Dibley".  I wish I could get them on PBS again.  The characters are great and extremely funny.

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 17 of 86

Many of the programs I loved are no longer on the tube but one of my faves is As Time Goes By as for a close runner up of the newbies it would have to be Vicious!

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 18 of 86

Many of the shows that I loved are no longer on the tube but for now I must say that  As Time Goes By is my favorite of the oldies but Vicious is a close runner up!

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 19 of 86
Top Gear is very funny and I could not care less about cars. Do no let the cars deter your giving the show a watch.
Highlighted
Contributor

Message 20 of 86

Do not much like Atkinson. Keeping Up Appearances, and Doc Martin are ok, but my favorites are: Good Neighbors (aka The Good Life), To the Manor Born, Mapp and Lucia, Yes Minister and the sequel Yes Prime Minister, One Foot in the Grave, Waiting for God, As Time Goes By, Chef, and a few others that are not coming to mind. I love such Brit Coms.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards.

Solve your favorite crosswords on AARP Games to earn AARP Rewards points. Try your hand at the Daily Crossword, the Mini Crossword, and Let’s Crossword, the new member game you can play with family and friends. Play Now.