From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Voice. Season 15. 2018

Message 1 of 95

@MaVolta @catwoman500

Thank you both for your comments about the finale and all through the season. 

I did did not watch the finale and I was shocked that Kennedy did not win.  

This is has been a disappointing season for me for lots of reasons. 

I didn’t like all the controversy. This is supposed to be fun.   I hope next season will be better. 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 95

@catwoman500 -  Yeah, that was a bummer for Kennedy to end up in 4th place. I was really surprised to see Chevel and Chris as the final two. At that point, I was happy for either of them to win. Kelly's expression after they called Kirk for 3rd place was priceless! It's as if she just realized her girl might be the one, and sure enough!

It was great to see the Doobie Brothers performing with Chris. John Legend and Esperanza Spalding with Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas was also very nice. I enjoyed all of the "bring-back" artists' performances. They were waaaaay better than all the pop stars. But the best of show was Kelly and Jennifer and their powerful rendition of O Holy Night. Wow! They should record that together.

As for marshmellow man (yep, a marshmellow head), Panic!, and Halsey - they can put them all back in the box as far as I'm concerned -  didn't care for any of them. Guess the kids like them.

Look forward to seeing John Legend as a coach next season. I bet he will do really well as a mentor and coach. It's funny, because Legend was somewhat dragged into the Adam / DeAndre controversy on Twitter because DeAndre sang his song for the Twitter save. Legend inquired as to what was going on with his name coming up. He said that DeAndre sang it (his song) very well, and he should have performed it on Monday because it fit his voice better than the Bruno Mars song. Here, here! But that's all water under the bridge. It was nice to see DeAndre on stage again last night.

Until next year . . . Peace!

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 95

Bummer!

Kennedy in 4th place? That sure didn't turn out the way I thought it would. Chevel is adorable and she will bring a little POP to traditional country music, but for a total package, Kennedy would have had it over all of them.

I did enjoy the musical presentations last night, but for the life of me...it must be old age...What in the world was the act with the one guy wearing a can on his head? Something called Marshmello and Bastille???? Was that supposed to be a marshmallow on his head? WHY?

After that I should have gone to the car and turned on the Hallmark Christmas music station to bring me back to normal. Sheesh!

Merry Christmas!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 95

Hi, YES!!!! Kennedy deserves the win! The country vote could jinx that for sure, but even though I'm a country fan, I so want Kennedy to win. She's always been one of my favorites. Still can't believe she is that young; she is such a presence and has command of it all.

@MaVolta...You are so right about Kirk being flat last night.

Chris Kroeze has always been OK with me, but never at the top, top for me. I think it may be Kennedy, Chevel, Chris, and then Kirk.

I also loved Jennifer and Kennedy's duet last night. Powerful!!!! N.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 95

The season 15 finale has come and gone. So who will win the prize?

Kennedy Holmes was aaawwwwsooommmee!!!.But will there be enough split in the country vote for her to win? She is far and away the best vocalist on the show, and she is also the best entertainer. She is the real deal, and the one who deserves to win. So amazing for a 13-turned-14-year-old! I'm rooting for her all the way.

That said, Kirk Jay seems to hold the advantage among the country artists, though I don't think he's that good of a singer. He ran flat all night. Chevel appears to be giving him a run for the money. She performed well enough. Chris is an outlier, but can't rule him out. He sings well, plays well, has good song selections, but lacks showmanship needed to really engage the audience.

So, fingers crossed for Kennedy.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 95

@ASTRAEA...yes, and they still pull William Hung out of the woodwork every once in a while! Cat LOL

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 95

@catwoman500 - And then there was William Hung, the young Korean engineering student, who gained notoriety on American Idol in 2004, with his "She Bangs." He was so bad, he was popular just for that!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 95

@ASTRAEA...Yes that makes sense. It's so often that one of the younger artists, wins. The teen voters are more into the Tweets and the social media hoopla and actually can make things happen even if the younger artist isn't the best performer. I always think back to that one season of AI and how the kids kept voting for Sanjaya...was that his name? OMG! That was almost scary to think he would win the whole thing.  Cat LOL N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 95

@catwoman500 - Based on what I've read about young people these days, they have short attention spans & constantly need new stimulation, to remain interested. That's why shows like "The Voice" are constantly making changes to the way they do things, and their line up of coaches & mentors. It wouldn't surprise me if they do focus groups with young participants, to get feedback on the coaches & mentors, and ask for input on potential new ones.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 95

Hi, Everyone,

I'm trying to catching up on all of your posts. I have been watching, but a bit disappointed since my top 3: DeAndre, Kymberli, and MaKenzie have been eliminated. I have enjoyed Kennedy from the beginning, so now she is my top of the top with Kirk next. I thought Reagan was awful in the Twitter sing-off Tuesday. MaKenzie advanced to being my favorite of all this season.

I did see that John Legend will take Jennifer's place in the coach position for next season along with Kelly, Adam, and Blake.

I still like the show, but like some of you, I'm getting tired of them trying to throw in extra features. I thought the "comeback" thing was unnecessary. I'd like it if the coaches had a chance to review those artists not chosen and pick one for their team, or even bring back one that had been eliminated from their own or another coach's team. I think that happened before (?) N.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors