Caring for a loved one? Find a part-time job that fits your schedule. Search the AARP Job Board.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Voice. Season 15. 2018

Message 61 of 82

@ASTRAEA, No, I never check the website; it's just  that usually there are decisions made for a few contestants about who makes what team and we only get a word from Carson or a quick clip when that happens, and it's annoying for me that if they do make a team, why we don't  hear the whole audition.  Cat Frustrated N.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 82

@catwoman500 - Are you basing that comment about "unheards" on cross-checking who's on each team, on their website?

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 82

@MaVolta, @nyadrn, @ASTRAEA, @GailL1, ...I think MaVolta is correct. This whole comeback thing with Kelsea may be playing out on YouTube.  I wonder when it hits on the show. Since The Blinds will end tomorrow probably, will these "comebacks" be featured in the Battles?

Guess we will find out more tomorrow night!

Oh, so far we haven't had any (as I call them) "unheards." Will we have some tomorrow? N.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 82

@nyadrn wrote:

Are you all waiting to see the comeback stage and how it works?

@catwoman500 @ASTRAEA @MaVolta

@GailL1  

Yes, I think it might be interesting. I believe there is something on The Voice - YouTube channel, but I haven't checked it out yet. Of course, I'll probably pick a favorite, and it won't be the winner! Cat Surprised

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 82

Trying to stay open-minded, and hope it's not a gimick like the "block".

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 82

Are you all waiting to see the comeback stage and how it works?

@catwoman500 @ASTRAEA @MaVolta

@GailL1  

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 82

@ASTRAEA wrote:

I didn't realize a discussion had been started for this season! I wish AARP's system was like it used to be, where you could sign up for a Group & get notices for all new material posted!

Sorry @ASTRAEA. I should have mentioned you all.  I forgot you didn’t get notices of new topics.   

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 82

@ASTRAEA wrote:

@catwoman500 - I have been watching the Blind Auditions, but most seem like good singers, but very average .. if that makes sense. I don't know why some of them don't understand that just singing a song they like that's "meaningful" to them, doesn't guarantee that it highlights their vocal or performing strengths, and comes across as very forgettable. Don't they realize that they need "fireworks" to get chair turns?!

I did get this notice, but maybe only because my name was mentioned?

Yes, it's like when the coaches sit there liking a voice, but wanting so badly for a contestant to go "up" or to blast something and so they don't turn because they didn't hear what they wanted to hear.

I still haven't heard enough to say I have any favorites yet. N

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 82

@catwoman500 - I have been watching the Blind Auditions, but most seem like good singers, but very average .. if that makes sense. I don't know why some of them don't understand that just singing a song they like that's "meaningful" to them, doesn't guarantee that it highlights their vocal or performing strengths, and comes across as very forgettable. Don't they realize that they need "fireworks" to get chair turns?!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 82

@ASTRAEA...I agree about the notices. I have been getting AARP Community email notifications hit and miss. I didn't realize that a discussion had started either until after the show started. I also didn't get a notice that you had posted here this morning! Cat Frustrated

Hope you join us again for this season of The Voice. N.

Kudos
Views