With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Voice Season 13

Message 61 of 292

MaVolta wrote:

@nyadrn - You got it right. Shi'ann and Ashland were the bottom two, and went home. So happy the Twitter save went to Davon!  Adam C was spared the sing-off this week.

I usually get it totally wrong but not last night.  So the final 8 is team Blake 3 Adam 2 Jhud 2 and Miley 1.  Wow

ya Davon got bumped by Red. Hmmmm

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 292

@ASTRAEA wrote:

@catwoman500 - I also hate how ALL shows drag out contest results or other decisions participants make! It's also my guess with "The Voice", that instead of just going down the list from most to least votes, they just happen to announce each Coach's team's saves in sequence, before announcing 2nd & 3rd saves to their teams! That way you don't really know how each team/Coach is doing, until the last couple of saves! Anything to "build the suspense"!

@ASTRAEA, I totally agree with you about the order of the saves being announced. Last night I had my pen poised over one of the teams because I knew that was going to be the next team-save called.

Suspense is the name of the game for sure. N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 292

@catwoman500 - I also hate how ALL shows drag out contest results or other decisions participants make! It's also my guess with "The Voice", that instead of just going down the list from most to least votes, they just happen to announce each Coach's team's saves in sequence, before announcing 2nd & 3rd saves to their teams! That way you don't really know how each team/Coach is doing, until the last couple of saves! Anything to "build the suspense"!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 292

@MaVolta,@nyadrn...Yep, Diane you were right about the 2 leaving!

The show seemed to move fast last night. I hate it when they drag out the "safe" announcements. Since they had to fit 3 performances in that hour, the announcements had to come faster.

Whoever that was that started off the show...Portugal something, sounded good, but I didn't understand one word they sang and the dancers were distracting. Cat LOL

Danielle Bradbury of course was great.

I had a feeling Adam C. would be safe after that great performance Monday night. His expression when Carson called his name was priceless. When Carson announced that Red was safe and not Davon, I couldn't believe it. Soooo glad the Twitter vote saved him. If he had gone home last night after Chris and Jon being booted, I would have thrown in the towel. N.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 292

@nyadrn - You got it right. Shi'ann and Ashland were the bottom two, and went home. So happy the Twitter save went to Davon!  Adam C was spared the sing-off this week.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 292

@MaVolta wrote:

@catwoman500 - Yeah, what was Miley wearing??? Looked like she fell into grandma's chiffon curtains and got all twisted up in them. Oh well, not quite as hillarious as the pink tiered hoola-hoop dress that she could hardly sit down in. ....and not that she cares, LOL!

To the show - yes! I thought everyone brought their A-game. Here are my top 5 picks from last night.

Keisha! She slayed that Celine Dion song, All by Myself, and took no prisoners! Kudos to her! I really would like to see her make the finals. (#10 on iTunes)

Chloe was my second favorite with Blondie's Call Me. Good choice, and well performed. She's so good with the lower register, but handles the higher notes so well without pushing.  (#4 on iTunes and her song from last week is still hanging in there at #21)

Brooke singing Amazing Grace was really beautiful. (#2 on iTunes and highest rank this week)

I also liked Addison's version of Lucky. I give her credit on interpretation skills too. Well done. (#5 on iTunes)

I have Noah (#18 on iTunes) and Davon (#31 on iTunes) in a tie for my 5th place vote. Noah's performance was so well done, and Davon's voice is so pure. 

10 votes to all of the above.

For the record - Red is at #14 on iTunes, Adam at #16, Ashland at #47. Shi'Ann looked so grown up but her song didn't go anywhere, no dynamics . . . and then the loud screech at the end! oh no.

@MaVolta   Yes Brooke's performance was good very nice..  she has a voice!

Bottom two..  Ashland and Shi'Ann  ?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 292

@catwoman500 wrote:

12/4 show

OK…did a flock of canaries carrying banana cream pies explode all over Miley? Yikes!

Well, they really brought it last night. I thought the performances were A+, especially the girls!

Davon started it off with a WOW performance. He is incredible!

It could have been the song (that I love), but I think Adam C. actually was very good last night, too.

Noah’s performance was more like an experience. I got caught up in the whole thing.

Chloe nailed her performance for sure!

What’s with the Keisha haters? First I ever heard of it was last night when Adam brought it up. She got a standing O from the coaches for her great performance.

Ashland’s performance was so cool!

Brooke with Amazing Grace was amazing!

Not so impressed with Red, Addison, and Shi’ann. Red has his southern charm going for him. Shi’ann sounded very nasal last night and Addison is just not my kind of singer.

Tonight it should be interesting to see who is going to be saved.

@catwoman500   Woman LOL  Miley's look is often strange and not flattering.. oh well I think she knows that.

I agree.. they stepped things up.  Adam decided to go back to his country roots and that song was a good one..  great job.   Davon yes  really good..  I liked Addison's performance for the most part and Chloe was good..  none of them are going home  imho    Down to 8

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 292

@catwoman500 - Yeah, what was Miley wearing??? Looked like she fell into grandma's chiffon curtains and got all twisted up in them. Oh well, not quite as hillarious as the pink tiered hoola-hoop dress that she could hardly sit down in. ....and not that she cares, LOL!

To the show - yes! I thought everyone brought their A-game. Here are my top 5 picks from last night.

Keisha! She slayed that Celine Dion song, All by Myself, and took no prisoners! Kudos to her! I really would like to see her make the finals. (#10 on iTunes)

Chloe was my second favorite with Blondie's Call Me. Good choice, and well performed. She's so good with the lower register, but handles the higher notes so well without pushing.  (#4 on iTunes and her song from last week is still hanging in there at #21)

Brooke singing Amazing Grace was really beautiful. (#2 on iTunes and highest rank this week)

I also liked Addison's version of Lucky. I give her credit on interpretation skills too. Well done. (#5 on iTunes)

I have Noah (#18 on iTunes) and Davon (#31 on iTunes) in a tie for my 5th place vote. Noah's performance was so well done, and Davon's voice is so pure. 

10 votes to all of the above.

For the record - Red is at #14 on iTunes, Adam at #16, Ashland at #47. Shi'Ann looked so grown up but her song didn't go anywhere, no dynamics . . . and then the loud screech at the end! oh no.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 292

12/4 show

OK…did a flock of canaries carrying banana cream pies explode all over Miley? Yikes!

Well, they really brought it last night. I thought the performances were A+, especially the girls!

Davon started it off with a WOW performance. He is incredible!

It could have been the song (that I love), but I think Adam C. actually was very good last night, too.

Noah’s performance was more like an experience. I got caught up in the whole thing.

Chloe nailed her performance for sure!

What’s with the Keisha haters? First I ever heard of it was last night when Adam brought it up. She got a standing O from the coaches for her great performance.

Ashland’s performance was so cool!

Brooke with Amazing Grace was amazing!

Not so impressed with Red, Addison, and Shi’ann. Red has his southern charm going for him. Shi’ann sounded very nasal last night and Addison is just not my kind of singer.

Tonight it should be interesting to see who is going to be saved.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 292

@catwoman500 wrote:

@nyadrn wrote:

.. of course I still havnt gotten over Jon Mero leaving.  He was robbed. Woman Mad

For sure...Chris and Jon were my top 2. I don't think I've ever been this "off" in choosing the winner or at least coming pretty darn close! N.

Ditto losing Jon and Chris. Just stunned that they didn't move forward. 

Kudos
Views