On Memorial Day weekend, we remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice. AARP also offers resources and news for military veterans and families.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Voice Season 13

Message 51 of 292

Last night's semi-finals was one of the best I've seen. I thought all of the performances were well done, but there are always some that stand out above the others. My top four favorites were Chloe, Addison, Noah, and Brooke, all 10 votes each. 

Chloe has a well defined style. Her offering of I Want to Know What Love Is, fits in perfectly. She's giving these classic rock songs a new modern signature that's all hers. 

And then came Addison with Joni MItchell's classic, Both Sides Now. That's the most beautiful cover of that song that I've ever heard! And Joni Mitchell songs are some of the most difficult to sing.

I thought the duos were all well matched with some good song choices. My favorite duo was Chloe and Noah with Wicked Game.  Even the Target commercials that featured each duo were all well done! 

So who makes the cut tonight? I'm guessing it will be close. Chloe and Addison are #1 & #2 on iTunes, with Chloe and Noah duo as #3. Red is at #5, Brooke at #6, and Noah at #7.  I think the Twitter save could be a heartbreaker tonight. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 292

@catwoman500 wrote:

Oh, gee, here we go again...remember Sanjaya on Idol years ago? No one could believe he kept getting enough votes to stay on so long. Cat LOL

Oh yes. I forgot about Sanjaya. LOL.  I thought this was amusing so I thought I would share 😀

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 292

Oh, gee, here we go again...remember Sanjaya on Idol years ago? No one could believe he kept getting enough votes to stay on so long. Cat LOL

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 292

@catwoman500 @ASTRAEA @MaVolta @h969372t

‘The Voice’ Accused Of Being ‘Rigged In Blake Shelton’s Favor’

'The Voice' is facing rigged allegations from viewers after two more eliminations

The Voice is being accused of being rigged in favor of Blake Shelton’s favor following the latest instalment of the NBC singing show on December 5. After viewers saw Ashland Craft of Team Miley Cyrus and Shi’Ann Jones of Team Jennifer Hudson sent home, viewers slammed the show and accused the production of somehow being rigged to support Team Blake.

A number of angry viewers took to social media to voice their opinions on the latest outcome, with many pointing out that Shelton still has three acts in the competition while fellow coaches Jennifer and Adam Levine have two and Miley just one.

A slew of watchers were quick to accuse the show of somehow being “rigged” for the country star, claiming that Shelton may have been getting some kind of special treatment after his acts have been consistently safe and not even in jeopardy of being eliminated via an Instant Save.

https://www.inquisitr.com/4667256/the-voice-accused-rigged-blake-shelton-favor/

keep in in mind The Inquisitr is not exactly a “real news” outlet 😀

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 292

@nyadrn wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

I wish Blake would give or encourage Red to sing something other than the real country stuff.  I think he could do it.

Maybe something by Harry Chapin  - more of a story telling folk song than country.  Seems all the other artist have expanded or at least tried other genre than what they began doing and I think it has helped them by getting out of the box.

@GailL1  Yes but he has to be careful because the Country vote is powerful and it is moving him along and right now one bad song choice can kill your votes. 

Is he your favorite?

Red would still be country no matter what he sang.

No, he is not my favorite -

Right now, I favor Brooke, Chloe, Keisha - probably in that order although I think Keisha has a little something extra that she brings to the performing stage and is a very interesting character.

Heck, they all do - I usually have to catch up but now that it is getting closer, I will try to watch in real time.

* * * * * * It’s Always Something - Roseanne Rosannadanna
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 292

GailL1 wrote:

I wish Blake would give or encourage Red to sing something other than the real country stuff.  I think he could do it.

Maybe something by Harry Chapin  - more of a story telling folk song than country.  Seems all the other artist have expanded or at least tried other genre than what they began doing and I think it has helped them by getting out of the box.

@GailL1  Yes but he has to be careful because the Country vote is powerful and it is moving him along and right now one bad song choice can kill your votes. 

Is he your favorite?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 292

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 292

@nyadrn wrote:

@ASTRAEA wrote:

@catwoman500 - I also hate how ALL shows drag out contest results or other decisions participants make! It's also my guess with "The Voice", that instead of just going down the list from most to least votes, they just happen to announce each Coach's team's saves in sequence, before announcing 2nd & 3rd saves to their teams! That way you don't really know how each team/Coach is doing, until the last couple of saves! Anything to "build the suspense"!

Yes.  Suspense!

And get in enough commercials.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 292

@ASTRAEA wrote:

@catwoman500 - I also hate how ALL shows drag out contest results or other decisions participants make! It's also my guess with "The Voice", that instead of just going down the list from most to least votes, they just happen to announce each Coach's team's saves in sequence, before announcing 2nd & 3rd saves to their teams! That way you don't really know how each team/Coach is doing, until the last couple of saves! Anything to "build the suspense"!

Yes.  Suspense!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 292

catwoman500 wrote:

@MaVolta,@nyadrn...Yep, Diane you were right about the 2 leaving!

The show seemed to move fast last night. I hate it when they drag out the "safe" announcements. Since they had to fit 3 performances in that hour, the announcements had to come faster.

Whoever that was that started off the show...Portugal something, sounded good, but I didn't understand one word they sang and the dancers were distracting. Cat LOL

Danielle Bradbury of course was great.

I had a feeling Adam C. would be safe after that great performance Monday night. His expression when Carson called his name was priceless. When Carson announced that Red was safe and not Davon, I couldn't believe it. Soooo glad the Twitter vote saved him. If he had gone home last night after Chris and Jon being booted, I would have thrown in the towel. N.

I was happy for Adam C. He did a really good job with his song and he was soooo happy. It made me happy!

and yes Red is good but Davon is super.  That voting was not good. You just can’t believe the voting sometimes.  

Oh boy,   The next cut.  Yikes 

Kudos
Views