Forced Nursing Home Evictions Must Stop. AARP Foundation Is Helping Protect the Most Vulnerable. Learn How

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: The Voice Season 13

Message 31 of 292

@nyadrn - Thanks for posting the Huffpost article. It's the best one that I've read concerning past winners and contestants from the show's history. I had not noticed that Mark Burnett and Roma Downey were executive producers. They are good people!

It's interesting to see how varied the experiences are for the post-Voice careers. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 32 of 292

catwoman500 wrote:

Nothing can keep me away! Cat Happy

Me too 😀

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

Message 33 of 292

MaVolta wrote:

Absolutely! 

😀 me too!

Message 34 of 292
The Voice’ Is Great TV. It’s Just Not Always Great For The Winners. A handful of former contestants, plus host and producer Carson Daly, break down what happens after each season wraps.

>>We do hear about some winners, like Jordan Smith, whose success was personally fostered by executive “Voice” producer Mark Burnett and his wife, Roma Downey. After flawlessly singing Sia’s “Chandelier” to an incredulous row of coaches on the show, he went on to nab three Top 40 hits and three No. 1s on the Hot Christian Songs chart. His first album, “Something Beautiful,” was a critical and commercial success story as it debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard chart in March 2016, right behind “Voice” coach Gwen Stefani’s “What the Truth Feels Like.” Smith sold 54,000 units in the album’s first week, making him the highest-ranking winner of any singing competition series in the last six years. Nine months later, his holiday album, “’Tis the Season,” peaked at No. 11. He has been touring nationwide ever since.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5a0b545ee4b00a6eece4e116

I am am glad to see this!

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 35 of 292

Nothing can keep me away! Cat Happy

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 36 of 292

Absolutely! 

Message 37 of 292

@ASTRAEA @MaVolta @catwoman500 @h969372t

Tonight’s the night.   Are you planning to tune in?

Message 38 of 292

AdChoices
ENTERTAINMENT
12/17/2017 08:00 am ET
‘The Voice’ Is Great TV. It’s Just Not Always Great For The Winners.
A handful of former contestants, plus host and producer Carson Daly, break down what happens after each season wraps.

By Leigh Blickley

Currently in its 13th season, NBC’s “The Voice” seems to have officially cracked the secret reality-TV code and struck gold.

Fresh off a third consecutive Emmy win for outstanding reality-competition program, the show has proved that, six years into its run, it’s still capable of reeling in viewers. Recent ratings rival its debut season; this week, nearly 10 million people in the demographic of viewers ages 18-49 tuned in to watch the Top 8 perform, on par with numbers from season one.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5a0b545ee4b00a6eece4e116

Message 39 of 292

ASTRAEA wrote:

@nyadrn - A friend & I had tickets for the New Year's Strauss concert at Lincoln Center, the December after 9/11. It was the first time we experienced "the new normal" security-wise, when attending a public function!

Yes you are right, it is the new normal.   There is heightened security here. Lots of police and other security at Rockefeller Center and Bryant Park and anywhere there are big crowds.   But the public just goes on about their business.

Message 40 of 292

@nyadrn - A friend & I had tickets for the New Year's Strauss concert at Lincoln Center, the December after 9/11. It was the first time we experienced "the new normal" security-wise, when attending a public function!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!