Forced Nursing Home Evictions Must Stop. AARP Foundation Is Helping Protect the Most Vulnerable. Learn How

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: The Voice Season 13

Message 11 of 292

nyadrn wrote:

Excellent summary  I have to add that Miley did not see the potential in the the top two of how to allow them to blossom. Adam and Blake have more mentoring experience and different personalities!  

I will I’ll miss watching the show with you all 😓. Here’s to next season!

@nyadrn - I agree. And I also think that Blake has a good understanding of which performers are likely to do better on a show like this, and that he is very thoughtful about how his team is put together and edited. Adam likewise, except in a few cases, Adam puts his heart first over mind and matter. That shows the great humanity in his character.

We don't know a lot of what goes on off camera with these artists, and how they work, how they cooperate or not, what their attitude is, what their needs really are. We only find out when the coaches complement them on particular attributes. Some of the decisions we don't understand may lie hidden behind the scenes, and some may be driven totally by the heart strings. 

It's been a fun season. Look forward to next season!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 292

catwoman500 wrote:

Also forgot that I wanted to say how much I loved Chris Weaver's "drag queens" performance. That was so fun! Cat LOL N.

@catwoman500 - Yes, that was fun to watch! (JHud has to regret letting him go so early in the process.) I also enjoyed Addison with Norah Jones, Chloe with Billy Idol (totally unexpected), and Red with Vince Gill. I don't care for Sia at all, but Brooke was excellent on her part.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 292

Just catching up now on all your posts about the finale. I think it should be a wake-up call to Jennifer Hudson, that there were 4 coaches, and 4 finalists .. but she didn't have anyone in the finale! Maybe it's time to spend less time & energy talking about "JHud Productions" like she's Oprah Winfrey, and just be a better coach to her team.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

Message 14 of 292

catwoman500 wrote:

MaVolta wrote:

Chloe and Addison were always at the top of iTunes, so no surprise to see them as the top two. Rock and folk/singer-songwriter are my two favorite genres, so I've been rooting for them for a while now. The finishing order was much what I was expecting.

Same here for the finishing order. Enjoyed the entertainment part of the show last night, too. Loved the little videos of the coaches playing around, like Miley and Blake's "duel." Cat LOL N.

Well it’s been another fun season of watching The Voice!   I think we all did pretty well with our predictions and comments.  I am already looking forward to next season!

Thanks for watching with me 😀

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 292

Also forgot that I wanted to say how much I loved Chris Weaver's "drag queens" performance. That was so fun! Cat LOL N.

Message 16 of 292

MaVolta wrote:

Chloe and Addison were always at the top of iTunes, so no surprise to see them as the top two. Rock and folk/singer-songwriter are my two favorite genres, so I've been rooting for them for a while now. The finishing order was much what I was expecting.

I'm happy for Chloe, and to see a winner from the rock genre for a change. She might finally be the one to break through the success ceiling that has held the others back if she can get proper management. That seems to be what most of the other winners and runners-up have been lacking. I do hope that Blake and Adam continue to help both move forward in their careers, and hope to see (and buy) albums from both ladies. 

I think that the finishing order had a lot to do with how Blake and Adam managed their charges through the competition after stealing them from Miley. I believe that both finished as the top two because of the coaching change and not in spite of it.

Miley and JHud seemed to be more interested in having things their way, rather than guiding their artists through the process. Maybe for JHud the exception was Noah, as he was much farther along in the creative process of arranging and stylizing his music. By contrast, look how much control Blake allowed Chloe, from song choices to helping out the arrangements. Adam did much the same with Addison, letting her pick the songs and then interpret them as only she can. And both ladies were successful without blasting away at our ears and reaching for a bunch of big screaching high notes. That's the one thing I hate about some of the modern pop music, and one reason I never cared that much for some of Brooke's songs. However, I will say that I think Brooke was the best technical singer this season. 

This article sums it up the finale fairly well. . .

http://tvline.com/2017/12/19/the-voice-recap-chloe-kohanski-wins-season-13-finale-results/

Excellent summary  I have to add that Miley did not see the potential in the the top two of how to allow them to blossom. Adam and Blake have more mentoring experience and different personalities!  

I will I’ll miss watching the show with you all 😓. Here’s to next season!

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 292

MaVolta wrote:

Same here for the finishing order. Enjoyed the entertainment part of the show last night, too. Loved the little videos of the coaches playing around, like Miley and Blake's "duel." Cat LOL N.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 292

I'm happy for Chloe, and to see a winner from the rock genre for a change. She might finally be the one to break through the success ceiling that has held the others back if she can get proper management. That seems to be what most of the other winners and runners-up have been lacking. I do hope that Blake and Adam continue to help both move forward in their careers, and hope to see (and buy) albums from both ladies. 

I think that the finishing order had a lot to do with how Blake and Adam managed their charges through the competition after stealing them from Miley. I believe that both finished as the top two because of the coaching change and not in spite of it.

Miley and JHud seemed to be more interested in having things their way, rather than guiding their artists through the process. Maybe for JHud the exception was Noah, as he was much farther along in the creative process of arranging and stylizing his music. By contrast, look how much control Blake allowed Chloe, from song choices to helping out the arrangements. Adam did much the same with Addison, letting her pick the songs and then interpret them as only she can. And both ladies were successful without blasting away at our ears and reaching for a bunch of big screaching high notes. That's the one thing I hate about some of the modern pop music, and one reason I never cared that much for some of Brooke's songs. However, I will say that I think Brooke was the best technical singer this season. 

This article sums it up the finale fairly well. . .

http://tvline.com/2017/12/19/the-voice-recap-chloe-kohanski-wins-season-13-finale-results/

Message 19 of 292

@MaVolta @catwoman500 @ASTRAEA
‘The Voice’ finale: How Chloe Kohanski won despite a big mistake by Miley Cyrus

To the surprise of very few fans of NBC’s “The Voice,” Chloe Kohanski was crowned the winner of Season 13 on Tuesday night. Not only did the 23-year-old psychedelic rocker from Nashville dominate the iTunes charts with her performances after almost every episode, but the celebrity coaches deemed her a front-runner the first time they heard her sing.

“I think that you can be in the finale,” Blake Shelton declared at Kohanski’s blind audition in October, when she wowed everyone with Fleetwood Mac’s “The Chain.” Indeed, she went on to triumph over the other acts in the final four, which included teenage folk prodigy Addison Agen, pop-soul powerhouse Brooke Simpson and country crooner Red Marlow. Kohanski, who previously worked at a coffee shop as she embarked on a solo career, now has a recording contract with Universal Music Group.

However, things almost went very differently — because Kohanski could have been eliminated early on when she was dropped by her coach, Miley Cyrus, during the “knockout” round. Luckily, thanks to a special rule added in the fifth season, the other coaches get one shot to “steal” the artist who loses the knockout. Shelton and Jennifer Hudson both swooped in to offer Kohanski a spot on their teams, and Kohanski chose Shelton.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2017/12/20/the-voice-finale-how-chloe-...

Message 20 of 292

@MaVolta @catwoman500@ASTRAEAWell so what did you think of the finale?

There are hundreds of comments about the results on The Voice FB page.. mostly about the finishing order of the top three; Chloe, Brooke and Addison.

I was not surprised based on the itunes charts which indicates what songs people are buying and buying means voting.  You can love love love someone but if you cant or dont vote for them than the support doesnt help.  I think all of the top three were terrific although my personal fav was Addison.  What did you think?

ps.. this must have been a wake up for JHud  and also Miley!