Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: The Voice 2020

Message 1 of 24

Congrats to Todd! And an exciting evening for his family, all jumping around, even had the confetti!

Nice duets with the coaches, plus Bon Jovi, and other artists in the various montage songs . . . A really great finale! 

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 24

YEA !!! Todd Tilghman -

A Pentecostal Minister with (8) Kids and they are "jumpers" too !  Especially one of them - funny.

So Happy - He is a keeper / not to fade away.

Who would have believed . . . . .

Good Show/Good Music Series this year.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 24

I do remember that performance. I think he was on Team Blake, but I don't recall how far he went in the process.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 24

Here he is at his audition on THE VOICE back in 2013 - a 4-chair turn -

I don't remember him.  Looks like he has a big family too -  Yea, think he is now going places -

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 24

I googled Ryan Innes FB page. He's pretty excited, also! This might be a big break for him, as well.

All of the coaches seem ready to help these artists regardless of outcome, so I wish them all the best. I hope that they all get to make a record, soon!

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 24

@MaVolta wrote:

Thanks for finding the Songland versions. I think this one was even developed a little more before it got to Todd.

And if Todd wins, how will they contain him! He might be jumping through the roof!!

Yes, Ester Dean (Songland) & others were the producers of the song - they worked with Todd Tilghman on getting it right for him.

The Mississippi pastor recorded the track, which was written by Ryan Innes, Dustin Christensen, Ester Dean, Shane McAnally and Ryan Tedder, for the finale.

That's from the CountryNow article

Well, here's wishing them all Good Luck - but really not a loser in the crowd. 

The Songland producers worked with all The Voice artist on their original songs.

Yep, they might have to fix the hole in the roof of the church where he goes thru it.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 24

Thanks for finding the Songland versions. I think this one was even developed a little more before it got to Todd. This guy (on Songland) may become a great songwriter, I even like his vocals. They said he was on The Voice once. 

I've watched a few episodes, and I usually like the ones if I like the genre or the artist that is featured on the program. But some of the newer people, I don't know anything about, or maybe don't care for their style of music. I did notice that some of the songs get a complete makeover, like on last night's episode. We liked the song that was picked, and the songwriter. Some artists that I know are coming up, so I'll probably be watching them, too!

And if Todd wins, how will they contain him! He might be jumping through the roof!!

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 24

YEP - TODD TILGHMAN - may take it away . . . . .

Then Blake will have an even BIGGER head next season.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 24

@MaVolta 

The history of the song - "Long Way Home" - that's why I like Songland too

CountryNOW - Long Way Home 

This is the debut of the song on Songland in April by the writer - make sure you watch both the writer doing it initially and then what the producer ( Ester Dean ) did with it and then he performs it again.

BEFORE

AFTER

Most every song on Songland is gonna end up with a good artist after those producers do their magic even if the artist being pitched the song on Songland doesn't pick it as their choice from the competition - as this one..

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 24

@GailL1   -  Yes, they are all winners!  I enjoyed every performance. Have no idea, either. This may be the best 5 that they've had in a while.

My favorite original song was the one by Todd, Long Way Home. That's one that I'd buy on iTunes if they do a studio version. (I just looked, it's #1 on iTunes today, and that's the home version!)

One of the changes that I especially appreciate is that they took the artist with the most votes from each team. I hope that will continue. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a health tip to share or a health question to ask?

Check out the Health Tips discussion board today!