Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Voice - 2019 - Season 16 ( I Think)

Message 31 of 85

@ASTRAEA  - The way that the cross-battles worked, no one knew who was going to compete until the coaches literally called them off of the bench. They rotated among coaches to first, choose their competitor, and then challenge an opposing coach who in turn, selected an artist to compete. 

The coaches had a tendency to call on their top tier artists early on pitting them against each other. They were rarely matched by genre due to the diverse make up of the various teams, and depending on which coach was challenged. Each coach had one save and one steal. Some of the coaches had to use their saves rather quickly in order to keep their best artists.

You can see how Blake, with all of his country artists, had such an advantage with the heavy C&W voting block. His peeps were almost always voted through, and country wasn't pitted against country, like usually happens in the knock-outs.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 85

@nyadrn ...OMG, that was a scathing article for sure. Makes me relieved that we aren't the only ones complaining.

@ASTRAEA ...it was the new "Cross Battles" that made the teams come out so lopsided. This was in place of the usual "Knockout" phase of the show.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 85

@nyadrn  @catwoman500 @MaVolta - I've been really busy with an upcoming event, and haven't been watching the show the last couple of weeks. What "new format" were they complaining about in particular?

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 85

@nyadrn wrote:

@catwoman500 @MaVolta @ASTRAEA 

Boy the show took a giant beating in social media ..  hundreds of posters unhappy with this new format. 

Headline From yahoo music 

Fans protest 'The Voice' bias: 'Multiple artists screwed by dumb Americans voting for Blake'

The article is ruthless

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fans-protest-the-voice-bias-multiple-artists-screwed-by-dumb-ame...

I'm not surprised, they deserve it. I thought things went wrong last season, but this season, even worse. I read that the ratings on Monday night were huge, but I'd bet next week is a different story.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 85

@catwoman500 @MaVolta @ASTRAEA 

Boy the show took a giant beating in social media ..  hundreds of posters unhappy with this new format. 

Headline From yahoo music 

Fans protest 'The Voice' bias: 'Multiple artists screwed by dumb Americans voting for Blake'

The article is ruthless

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fans-protest-the-voice-bias-multiple-artists-screwed-by-dumb-ame...

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 85

I agree with @MaVolta  and @nyadrn ... and I was not overly impressed by the performances on Monday night.

For Team Kelly I liked Matthew’s, but he’s gone now, I was disappointed in Jej’s performance, but I’m glad Kelly saved him. Rebecca did well, but she’s gone now.

IMO, For Team Legend Lisa, Maelyn, and Shawn did well. Lisa was eliminated.

I liked Betsy’s and Kalvin’s performances for team Adam, but they are both gone. Kalvin was on my 2 star list. I’m so glad one of my original 2 star artists, LB, won the comeback spot and returned to Team Adam. Adam needs him since he only had Mari. (Very odd save choice to me.)

Another odd thing for me is that Blake chose Oliv over Kendra. I liked both Kendra’s and Dexter’s performances Monday night. Maybe he wanted to keep the team more diverse.

So even though I lost Selkii and Kalvin from my 2 star list, I got LB back. Dexter is my only one star artist left.

And even though I am a country fan and love Blake, this season is getting ridiculous. Dexter is the only one on his team I have liked from the beginning. Have a feeling Gyth will win the whole thing and he isn’t even on my one star list! I liked it better when the teams were evenly numbered. Hoping they throw out the cross-battle thing for next season. If not, I may stop watching. Cat Tongue N.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 85

What a big disappointment! They might as well call it the Blake Shelton Show and be done with it.

I watched the Monday night program and loved Team Legend. Their performances were so good that I voted for all of them. Only Maelyn and Shawn were voted through and John could only save Celia.

It already appears that the winner will be a country male artist on Team Blake. What's the point?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 85

@catwoman500 @MaVolta @GailL1 @ASTRAEA 

Tonight Live top 24 eliminations st 9:00pm

8 artists will get voted through and each judge has one save.  

Should be “interesting”. 

This has been my least favorite season ever.  Don’t know how much more of it I can take. 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 85

@MaVolta ... Thanks! I may try out some of the YT stuff later!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 85

@catwoman500  - Glad you enjoyed them! The other coach is Olly Murs. I had to look him up. He apparently came in 2nd on the X-Factor 2009, is an English singer-songwriter. There are some other good Voice UK videos on YT if you have a little time to explore. Also, you might enjoy two videos that I posted under "What Are You Listening To" topic. They are from The Voice Senior in Germany! 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors